MFP OR FITBIT??

Do any of you find that your using one app more than the other? I am a new FitBit Blaze user and im having trouble deciding if there is reason/value to use both. If anyone is active in this group please enlighten me! Thanks.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Do any of you find that your using one app more than the other? I am a new FitBit Blaze user and im having trouble deciding if there is reason/value to use both. If anyone is active in this group please enlighten me! Thanks.

Fitbit food related logging and goals may be better now - but MFP still wins many times.

So MFP for food related logging & goals.
    Fitbit for activity related logging & goals.

And ditto to Fitbit graphs and such being nicer generally.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    I use mostly Fitbit. I use MFP to track food calories because it has a bigger data base and you can customize recipes. I used Fitbit to track my exercise calories, but at the end of the day I refer to Fitbit to see if I was in the red, green, or blue food calorie zone
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    Both. I prefer logging in MFP, and monitoring in Fitbit as well as using Fitbit for data analysis as the others have said. I use MFP to log aerobics and strength training. It syncs just fine to Fitbit. And Fitbit syncs my steps back to MFP. One other advantage to using both. My scale syncs to Fitbit which, in turn, syncs back to MFP. A lot less effort on my part for data capture and analysis.

I also use a web app (trendweight.com) which picks up the Fitbit weight and calculates a rolling 10 day average that lets me see how I'm trending over time. That's sometimes hard to discern with normal weight fluctuations and a MFP progress graph that can look more like an EKG.

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I'm another fan of both apps. I prefer MFP for food entries and the community and Fitbit for exercise and data analysis. I couldn't imagine doing away with one of the apps as it would make it more challenging.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    LisaW57 wrote: »
    Both. I prefer logging in MFP, and monitoring in Fitbit as well as using Fitbit for data analysis as the others have said. I use MFP to log aerobics and strength training. It syncs just fine to Fitbit. And Fitbit syncs my steps back to MFP. One other advantage to using both. My scale syncs to Fitbit which, in turn, syncs back to MFP. A lot less effort on my part for data capture and analysis.

I also use a web app (trendweight.com) which picks up the Fitbit weight and calculates a rolling 10 day average that lets me see how I'm trending over time. That's sometimes hard to discern with normal weight fluctuations and a MFP progress graph that can look more like an EKG.

Curious where you are getting a better calorie burn for Aerobics than what Fitbit is coming up with?

Strength training is the same database entry for both systems - though Fitbit's method of using the database can lead to better estimate.

Great idea of syncing in trendweight.