CrossFit to hold memorial event for the 19 Hot Shots!

Options
mrs_mab
mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
logo.png

So awesome! CrossFit is holding an event in Prescott, AZ to benefit the familes of the 19 fallen Hot Shots! Lots of amazing athletes will be there to compete and support the cause with all proceeds going to the families of the brave fallen Hot Shots, many who are fellow fire fighters! AND... the amazingly gorgeous, delicious, fittest man on the planet, 3-time CrossFit champion Rich Froning will be there! :love: {{{{SWOOOOON}}} It's ok y'all, my husband is well aware of my Rich Froning obession, actually he's the one that got me hooked on CrossFit to begin with! Being from AZ, with my parents living near Prescott, as well as having several fire fighter friends makes this event mean even more for me. Now living in Georgia, I am so jealous I can't be there to support & meet Rich of course:blushing: Below is a video of Dave Casto explaining the event and the link to donate! Everyone throw your money and support their way! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdeHJw_DTRU&feature=share

https://hotshots19.crossfit.com/

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Just the saw the wod for this, we're doing it at our box Saturday it's going to hurt on soo good.

6 rounds of
    30 air squats
    19 power cleans 135 lbs
    7 strict pulls
    400 m run
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yep! My box is doing it Saturday too.

I'm a little scared. :laugh:
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We're doing it on Monday. I am hoping I can get to the box for it. It's going to suck, but I would still like to get in there and give my effort.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It won't be pretty. That's for certain, but I am always stoked for Hero/Memorial WODs. You can't whine or complain during them since that's no way to honor anyone. Looking forward to a good beating.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    Well I'm getting ready to go do this Wod
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    Done! That was brutal, but what an amazing thing. I truly hope the money raised helps their families.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    That was rough did it 47:45 solo and then did it 2nd time 27:34 with a partner. Running I suck at everything else was kosher
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    That was rough did it 47:45 solo and then did it 2nd time 27:34 with a partner. Running I suck at everything else was kosher

A SECOND time? :noway:

Mine was 54:49 solo. There's no way I'd have been able to do it again. How was it split up as a partner WOD?
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    A SECOND time? :noway:

Mine was 54:49 solo. There's no way I'd have been able to do it again. How was it split up as a partner WOD?

Whenever the runner was back from the 400 they picked up from where your partner until you were done all 6 rounds.