Dumbells

pflanner38
pflanner38 Posts: 1 Member
I just started the program but am a flight attendant and one of my work outs will be at the mercy of a hotel
Gym. Has anyone substituted the workout using dumbells?

Replies

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    I have spent a lot of time in hotels myself, and so, yes, I have substituted dumbbells. You will, get to a point where getting dumbbells into position for squats and OHP will make it impractical to get to the weight you could squat if you had a rack and a barbell, same way as not having a rack makes it impractical even with a barbell.

It is also not how the program is written, with reason. Definately keep an eye on your barpath and form. Deadlifts may need to start from an elevated position to not have to sacrifice form by reaching too far.

Dumbbells on bench and OHP have the benefit of showing imbalances in your strength better than a barbell.

But despite the complications, anything is better than not doing things. And whether you choose to do 5x5 with some modifications for dumbbells, or do something totally different....or something in between, we would love to have you in our relevant status update / workout log thread of the month! Many of us report off plan activities.