AM I WELCOME???

Options
GrannyGwen1
GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
THIS IS PART OF A MESSAGE I RECEIVED. I TYPE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME, IM NOT GOING INTO THE REASONS THATS NOT INPORTANT. TO ME ITS JUST TYPING IN UPPERCASE PLEASE READ MY PROFILE BEFORE ANSWERING.

SO MY QUESTION IS WOULD IT OFFEND YOU IF I REMAIN PART OF YOUR GROUP?

OUOTE: In the Bible, we are asked us to represent ourselves in ways that do not offend others in society by something we do, even if there is nothing intrinsically wrong with doing it (see Rom 14).

It is one thing to offend people because we are preaching the gospel, it is another thing to offend by being disrespectful of others. Screaming at people/all CAPs is considered disrespectful of others.

The Scriptures exhort us to live in peace with others, if it is within our power to do so. (See Romans 12)

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hi GrannyGwen,
    Of course you are welcome. All are welcome here.
    We strive for respect and peacefulness in our search of the word of God and the mysteries for us to learn.
    I am sorry you feel unwelcome.
    Our goal is to be open.
    We recommend as you have indicated that we must use prayer as our resource. Let us open our hearts to God to lead us as a group and individually.
    Through God all things are possible.
    We trust that God can calm and soothe spirits and bring healing wherever it is needed.
    Our primary goal is what the catechism teaches when it asks the question What is the chief end of man? Our chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. And so we can say:
    May God be glorified by the presence of every member, who chooses to seek God's will in her life.
    Blessings,
    ChapLynne