MyFitnessPal and Fitbit error calories burned

Options
Anyone else having issues with their Fitbit reporting more calories burnt than it actually is? Example for the past few days my Fitbit recorded me taking average 5000 steps when The steps are transfer over to my fitness pal it says I have burnt 4000 cal? That is definitely not right..it been 4 days. Also I uninstalled and reinstalled. Hubby is IT director soooooooo it’s no user error.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having issues with their Fitbit reporting more calories burnt than it actually is? Example for the past few days my Fitbit recorded me taking average 5000 steps when The steps are transfer over to my fitness pal it says I have burnt 4000 cal? That is definitely not right..it been 4 days. Also I uninstalled and reinstalled. Hubby is IT director soooooooo it’s no user error.

Steps is a figure sent to MFP that has nothing done with it but display the figure.
    Like glasses of water.
    Merely a goal shown.

Fitbit also sends a Total Daily Calories burned figure - that's the one math is done with.

Go you to Exercise Diary and find the line for that Adjustment - is that where it says 4000 calories?
    Anyway - tap and hold to see detailed info.

What was time of last sync and amount of calories burned at that time?
    Could be around an hour ago - as syncs only occur when 100 cal higher than prior sync.

Does it match what Fitbit is saying on their site about?

Did you manually log any workouts on MFP, or they are on Fitbit only with whatever calorie burn they came up with?