Discussion

Options
Hi All,

I hope you find this group beneficial. Please feel free to post your own motivations and of course spread the word the group exists. The more of us there are the merrier!!

Tanya

Replies

• hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your quote contribution Christinezitt! :smile:

I was getting a little worried that my group rules were too harsh and that I scared everyone away from wanting to contribute. The reason I asked people not to hold conversation in the postings is because a lot of people use the quote button. If everyone does that then you end up getting many copies of the same visual quote. Because the visual quotes are so large it makes for a messy thread and lots of scrolling. I really wish there was a "like" button so individuals could show that they like the post.

Again, thanks for your contribution....keep sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • happypal70
    happypal70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great group idea you have created here. I will start by letting you all know a bit about myself.

I was once healthy (not so long ago) and it felt good having lots of energy and looking in the mirror and seeing that my clothes were fitting nicely rather than tightly. :smile: I would like to be that positive person again. I know I don't have a lot of extra weight to lose, but am finding it harder to get off each year. It is slowly coming off. I have lost 8lb in the last few months. I have got 8.8lb to get to my ideal BMI. Feel free to add as friend. The more support the better, for all :wink:
  • hottie_in_training
    Options
    Great group idea you have created here. I will start by letting you all know a bit about myself.

Thanks Happypal70, I'm glad you like it and I hope it acts as support on those days when you may need a lift in spirits or a kick in the butt to get moving. We all have those days at times and I'm sure none of us have the opportunity to receive a personal visit from Jillian Michaels yelling at us to MOVE.

Enjoy the posts and feel free to add anything that motivates you as well. You may find yourself a new friend or support person in the process. :flowerforyou:
  • hottie_in_training
    Options
    Hi All!

I just wanted to do a quick pulse check to see how things are going. Because there isn't a lot of discussion in this group there isn't anything for me to measure on whether you are enjoying the group or even reading the posts.

Have you been liking the motivation? I know personally there was one day when I didn't want to workout and a visit to the group encouraged me to move forward.

Is there anything you'd like to see done differently? Let me know and we'll make it happen.

Would you rather there be more communication within the posts? This group is for all of us so let me know if you would rather it be more personal with group chit chat.

Drop me a quick reply so I know you're happy. :smile:

As always you are free to post as well and definitely feel free to invite friends to join us.

Have a GREAT day!!

Tanya :flowerforyou:
  • Nana_nyc
    Nana_nyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

(I dont know if this is where I should post this bur here goes). I personally have not been too focused on my health the last few days. I am a mom and wife, work full time and am doing my Masters. I feel like I have so much going that I don't have time to workout or eat healthier. I am trying my best to juggle everything but its becoming harder. Any advice?
  • GOOSE8907
    Options
    My wife and I used to struggle with work and healthy living, you'd be so busy during teh day that the last thing you wanted to do was work out or prepare healthy food which can take longer than jsut grabbing something out of the cupboard and heating it up.

Although there's no secret to making it work the best piece of advice I can give is to change the structure of your day. Have meals planned out for the week, have a set time when you're going to work out and stick to it. We find the evenigns the best tiem when there are no other distractions once the TV is turned off.

The other thing that I find really helps is doing things with someone else. If your havign a day where you feel you just want to crash and go back to bad habits its really helpful to have someone remind you of what you're doing all the work outs and healthy eating for. It's hard when times get stressful but thats why this is a great idea for a forum. Motivation is sometimes the one thing that can stop us acheiving what we want.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have any suggestions for me not to make excuses? I have difficulty in getting my workouts and housework done. I get distracted by tv.
    I used to run with a coach and teammates, but I don't have that anymore. I can't join a club, because I don't have transportation. I need good motivation that I can use on my own.