WEEK 2 MODERATORS CHALLENGE 2 PARTS TO THIS CHALLENGE

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
y97wec0avrhi.png
PART1
WE THOUGHT WE WOULD CHALLENGE YOU TO BRING OUT AND DISPLAY YOUR VERY BEST MOTIVATION SCENARIO
WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED????

NO MATTER OUR GOAL WE'RE ALL HERE TO GET HEALTHIER. WHETHER YOUR TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT, LOWER YOUR HEART RATE, SLEEP AND/OR EAT BETTER- OR ANY OTHER HEALTH GOAL - THE ODDS ARE THAT YOU'LL HAVE DAYS THAT WHERE MOTIVATION IS A CHALLENGE.

WHAT'S YOUR HEALTH GOAL AND HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED? SHARE YOUR TOP TRICKS AND HACKS WITH OTHER TEAMMATES/MEMBERS RIGHT HERE.

PART2 BRING THE FUNNY
EPIC FITNESS FAILURES!!! LET'S KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT OURSELVES!!!
WHAT ARE YOUR EPIC FITNESS FAILURE STORIES

HAVE SOME FUN WITH BOTH OF THESES CHALLENGES THIS WEEK
YOUR MODS

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,087 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc I AM LAUGHING MY A** OFF!!! Slap! Slap! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • jugar
    Options
    OK, now that I have calmed down, I found I really had to think about what my goal is now. The weight loss part is just about done - a few more pounds would be nice, but I'm at a healthy weight. My goals have been a kind of vague "be and stay fit" and "never gain weight again!". But lately my enjoyment of my workouts and my motivation to get them done are pretty poor.

Maybe this is because my goals need a serious look and some renewal. When I asked myself what's my goal (after picking myself up off the floor from reading Greg's story), I was stumped. Finally it became clear that I want to be stronger. I'm pretty strong for a rather small person but lately I feel less strong than I was a few months ago. That is the most important thing right now - strength beats pain every time. So I need to do something every day that will work on that. Getting this clear in my mind is already a motivation. I did a 30 minute workout today - and it felt great. It wasn't super intense, but it got done. So the goal is the motivation. AND as Greg said, all of you in this challenge are a great motivation too. Every day your voices are with me - and you'll be in my head helping me stick to this.

Funny gym story to follow in a couple of days...
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc LOL! 😝 😆 😂

WHAT'S YOUR HEALTH GOAL AND HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED? SHARE YOUR TOP TRICKS AND HACKS WITH OTHER TEAMMATES/MEMBERS RIGHT HERE.

My health goal is to stay healthy and move! I feel so much better inside out when I am eating right and working out. I want to be the best I can be with the Lord blessings. I stay motivated by this awesome group!! 💃👏👍🙌

- Tricks: more of a saying!! You never regret when you go workout, so do it! You will regret when you make unhealthy choices....
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    PART2 BRING THE FUNNY
    EPIC FITNESS FAILURES!!! LET'S KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT OURSELVES!!!
    WHAT ARE YOUR EPIC FITNESS FAILURE STORIES

Well... I have a few! Here is one ☝️! In my early 20’s I was at the gym and an attractive man was on the treadmill next to me. I wanted to impress him...total fail! Fell off the treadmill and not only was my pride hurt 😔 I had a nice concussion and had to go get a few stitches 👨‍⚕️!!! LOL
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh dear! A concussion. My silly story is not quite so dangerous.

In the last few years of my university job, we had moved into a new building. The offices were not in the same building as the classrooms, which was a bit of a pain in the neck, but it was all new, and there was an awesome gym right in the basement. I didn't even need to go outside to get to the gym. No excuses. So when I finally got serious about getting in shape, that is where I went.

Being a university, there were a lot of really fit student athletes in there, along with the regular students, faculty, and staff trying to get in shape. Once I got into it and started seeing results, I had some pretty crazy exercises to do and I didn't mind looking a bit silly doing them. One of my faves was planks walking sideways - left arm and right leg go left, then right arm and left leg go left, etc. for as long as I could in each direction. The best place to do this was right in front of the rank of rowing machines. They all have fans! And down on the floor like that, the fans right in my face felt amazing. So I went back and forth a few times in front of the rowers, much to their amusement. Well, one day a fancy footed hotshot was skipping rope right behind me. At about a million rounds a second. He tripped over me and caught himself (barely) on the rowing machines, but ended up on his knees. I didn't get too squished, so I extricated myself and stood up. We were exactly eye to eye. He was kneeling. Everyone in the place cracked up.

Sheesh. Tall people. Trip over you and then laugh because they're so tall. Hmmmmph.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    q0vbbqkigoo4.jpg

The picture says it all - never let a fat boy ride a bike :)