Lien

Options
Hi all, please feel free to add your story. Tell us about your diagnoses and how you are going about treatment, diet and exercise.

Replies

• pigsndigs
    pigsndigs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Looks like I'm the only other member for the time being, but I would love to connect with others who are facing similar health issues. I am a 37 y/o, 6'0" female, and I weigh 357 lbs. I have been obese most of my adult life. I was diagnosed with fatty liver nearly 7 years ago. It was an incidental finding located during an MRI scan for a completely different issue. The doctors seemed nonchalant about it and told me it was no big deal. For the last 3 months or so I have been extra fatigued, experiencing substantial edema in my legs, and have had bouts of nausea, upper abdominal discomfort, nausea, and heatburn. I chalked it up to an ulcer and pushed through. Symptoms came and went with no commonality. A week ago Sunday, I began experiencing a lot of upper abdominal bloating, pain, indigestion, nausea, intermittent vomiting and random fevers. At first I thought I had a stomach virus, but when no one else in my household was getting sick and I wasn't getting any better, I decided to visit my doctor. My doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound, followed up by a CT scan and it appears my fatty liver has progressed to NASH. On top of that, my gallbladder is swollen and there is fluid around it. I need to have my gallbladder removed, but my liver has "ballooned" and is so swollen it is unsafe for the surgeon to proceed with surgery until the swelling decreases. I am to adhere to a strict full liquid diet for 2 weeks to hopefully help decrease the swelling. Today was my second full day of the liquid diet. So far it hasn't been bad because I have no appetite, but I'm sure I will get sick of it quickly.
  • Yamie63
    Yamie63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have NASH as well diagnosed a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you liquid diet went well and that you have now had your operation