WEEK 3 GROUP CHALLENGE KITCHEN CREATIONS and RESTAURANT SENSATIONS by TrimStones

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
Not sure everyone knows, but I'm currently undergoing serious house renovations due to a storm which took place on Aug. 4th while I was out of town attending my Sister-in-law's funeral. This storm was followed last weekend by Hurricane Dorian. Thanks to the wonderful company that is doing my repairs and their quick patchwork to protect me until my scheduled repairs began on the 10th, Dorian wasn't too nasty to me! HOWEVER, all this being said, I'm basically living in a third of my home and cannot get to my kitchen without serious work. SO, this leads to the Week 3 Group Challenge...Kitchen Creations and Restaurant Sensations.

I'd like each of you to Name your favorite quick dinner meal, list the recipe if possible, including sides and drinks. Then, if you can't cook for whatever reason, what's your restaurant go-to meal, which is both delicious, nutritious and keeps you on track for your weight loss goals!! If you want extra credit, please include dessert. Pictures are nice, but make sure you include the recipes.

This will help all of us to make a new list of recipes, keep us inspired and MAKE ME FREAKIN JEALOUS, since I can't get to my kitchen! :smile:

Please post both in this thread and TrimStones chatroom for Sept.

Enjoy!!
Jessica
Capt, TrimStones

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    I was going to take a photo of dinner but I was too hungry and ate it! I'll post a recipe later in the week :smile:

Fave restaurant go to meal? Salmon (or tuna) tartare with a nice big mesclun or arugula salad. I use as little of the thin toasted baguette as possible, even though the combination of super crunch with the soft fish and its delicious fixings (varies wildly from chef to chef) is amazing. I have this with a good bitter IPA beer, so then there are no calories left for dessert. Good thing I don't really like sweets! This month I'm going for sober September, so I guess I could have some kind of dessert - some sorbet or a cookie would be nice.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I hope your home renovation goes quickly and smoothly!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Favorite quick dinner meal! Breakfast!

Eggs, great protein and so quick to make. Also, tacos 🌮 are an easy go to!
    mcw93dt5mtd0.jpeg
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    0jha6mxod9s5.jpeg
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    My go to restaurant food is steamed fish and veggies. Salad with dressing on the side and a splurge of a glass of wine.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi All: Wow, you guys are posting some great stuff! I will get in here later in the week to give my recipe...think you'll love it, even with the cutting corners to watch calories...makes a great meal and all in one 9 x 13 casserole dish! For now though, my restaurant go to meal is Cracker Barrel's grilled chicken tenders with any of their wonderful veggies...I usually like hashbrown casserole, broccoli and green beans and one of those wonderful corn muffins if I have enough calories to cover it. I'll give my Tater Tot Casserole Recipe sometime before the end of the week! Keep the great suggestions coming! I'm enjoying this! Hope you are too! Jessica, Capt, TrimStones
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    OK, my favorite recipe, with a few touch ups to cut calories is Tater Tot Casserole...

1 lb ground turkey (lowest fat you can find), drained
    2 cans french cut green beans, drained
    2 cans cream of whatever soup (I like mushroom), reduced fat/salt
    healthy tsp of minced garlic
    med onion, chopped
    1 sm can durkee french fried onions, crumbled
    1-1 1/2 cups low fat extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup low fat milk (I use 1%)
    large bag of tater tots

Brown your meat with the garlic and onions, drain and set aside. Preheat your oven to 400. Using a 9 x13 casserole dish, combine your meat mixture, soup, beans and milk. Top with the durkee onions, cheese and then line up the tater tots. Cook until the tater tots are to your liking...I do 35-45 minutes. LOVE this meal because it has all food groups and all you need is a fruit or light salad with it...enjoy!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hope you all enjoyed this challenge. I'll leave the thread open in case you want to collect the recipes/ideas. Have a great rest of Sept and thanks for your contributions! Jessica, Capt., TrimStones
This discussion has been closed.