What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I made the soup! It was too hot to eat initially so I put a bit of milk in it and I liked it like that. My husband, who doesn't eat dairy, ground up a few raw cashews in his. He uses his "cashew cream" as a substitute for anything that normally requires cream. It was cooler for my second bowl (well, cup actually, I ground the whole batch and cooked it in a bit too much water. I have trouble following recipes :lol:. Drinkable that way though). So no milk the second time, and it was still delish.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I made the soup! It was too hot to eat initially so I put a bit of milk in it and I liked it like that. My husband, who doesn't eat dairy, ground up a few raw cashews in his. He uses his "cashew cream" as a substitute for anything that normally requires cream. It was cooler for my second bowl (well, cup actually, I ground the whole batch and cooked it in a bit too much water. I have trouble following recipes :lol:. Drinkable that way though). So no milk the second time, and it was still delish.

Glad to hear your tried the soup. It's very low calorie and quite filling. Given there is no milk or thickening agent (like flour) it's both dairy free and gluten free. It is nice to include some add-ins once in a while to make a chowder or cream of broccoli soup (without the cream). I don't judge on following recipes to the "T." Half the fun is making variations.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    OK, the information has been released to the press without the location, but I can now talk about it. On Thursday, an elephant seal (who we have called Zelda) have birth to a beautiful baby boy, Ziggy on a beach in my home town. This is the first elephant seal born on the South African coast in 70 odd years! For various reasons, we had to move them 4km down the coast and I was lucky enough to be at the right place to help with that process. That did include distracting a very cross mom whole my colleagues ran past her with her baby in a stretcher. I couldn't help carry the stretcher because my arm all isn't strong enough yet. Ziggy weighs over 50kgs. Instead, I made sure mom was always following us, which means I'm now fluent in elephant seal as I had to call her repeatedly. They have settled in all on the safer beach and he is growing quickly. They only suckle for 3 weeks, so we have volunteers there everyday keeping people away so the seals don't get disturbed and I get down there for a number of hours every few days to do my bit.