Ohh..my corset don't fit! AH!!! 8/17

garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.rd.com/slideshows/weight-loss-advice-from-1920-does-it-still-hold-up-today/

I thought this would be a fun challenge in way of thinking. Look how media (mainly newspaper and radio magazines) gave out information back then just like now! It all can be overwhelming and distorted. Being at a healthy weight is nothing new! Folks have always had concerns!
Make sure you get your information from sound places like scientific journals and folks who have done valid experiments.
Read and enjoy....I did.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    I'm learning that sometimes you may need to do your own experiments too, because of difference in shapes, sizes, genetics, and abilities even some of the things that have great science information and proven facts may not work for everybody or may need to be modified to work for the individual.
  • katherine611
    katherine611 Posts: 175 Member
    80 push ups 200 crunches, 300 squats, 300 calf raises:flowerforyou:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member

Girl you rock it hard!!!!!! I ran today and I am happy about that! I am just happy that women can freely exercise in our era versus back then women were just expected to diet!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    I love the reading challenges. I'm in the middle of reading it, but I must state something. I do read things that have been scientifically studied, but so many things are contradictory. Gluten will kill me cuz it's like glue in my system. I have eat lots of meat cuz that's what we were built to do and didn't have any disease when we were cavemen. But meat will kill us and we should be vegan or at least vegetarian. But then meat and grains/gluten are bad so we should only eat raw foods, and an 80/20 alkaline diet. They say it's the government brainwashing us into thinking dairy and grains are good for us, but it's just what makes them money and controls the population. How do I know which study is correct? Sorry for the rant, I just keep getting more confused the more I read.

14877786.png
  • katherine611
    katherine611 Posts: 175 Member

Girl you rock it hard!!!!!! I ran today and I am happy about that! I am just happy that women can freely exercise in our era versus back then women were just expected to diet!

thank you and today no binge eating or cheating.It was a great day for me did hips hop abs ab sculpt and cardio coupled with 12 minutes low impact aerobics. I commited to 30 day count down of 80 push ups daily and today is day 6, 200 squats, 150 calf raises and 160 dips. Thank god for better days. Keep up the great work.I love this pic of the girl with muscles.:flowerforyou: