Replies

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    10/9 10,521
    10/10 10,065
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Hi @kmfeig87 ah sucks about the results. You sound very positive (hope you’re feeling it). I hope your treatment goes smoothly and the people and place looking after you are super comforting and calming. Looking at your profile pic I’d say 2lb hair could be a possibility, we actually have very similar hair. I’ve had mine very long for years... mostly because I dislike the hairdresser experience small talk + mirrors +spending all the $$$ = a special kind of torture 🤪

Have a lovely visit with your kid, hope he’s a good hugger 🤗
  • KathynDes
    Hi @DreaRN15 hope the photos are fab! Good luck for Sunday hope you get a great crowd. Are you a travel agent (book holidays and tours for people)? One of my first jobs was working in a photo lab before digital so I had to look at every photo (😳) but I loved seeing people’s holiday pics and talking about all the fun stuff they did and things they saw.
  • KathynDes
    mulecanter wrote: »

Remind me, you are down under? Your MFP profile is blank :'( give us an update on your background and location please.

Yes I am in Western Australia, in a mining town in the desert. It’s red dust and flies for most of the year 😖 it’s not my favourite habitat. I love green, lakes and mountains... especially with snow!! @angmarie28 Montana is a dream for me. I watched a show about people looking for new houses in Montana ‘big sky something’ 🤔 anyway I would’ve lived in any of them just beautiful.

This photo is my dog on our favourite walk... because it’s as close to green rolling hills and lush mountain forests as we can get. We do see lots of kangaroos though so that keeps the dog happy 😃x16cwwcikar5.jpeg
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    @KathynDes Thanks for the post! I agree. Long hair is so much easier and a trim every 12 months or so is way better than the $$$ for a cut every 6 weeks. I haven't had short hair since 7th grade. It was short for three years, from about age 10 to age 13. It looked terrible. Of course, most kids look terrible at that age. Yesterday my mom said "You never had short hair! You don't know it would look bad!" She really couldn't remember my short hair. My husband cleverly pointed out that was confirmation Mom really must have thought it looked bad, because she selectively does not remember anything bad! We all had a laugh!

I love the pic! But I guess not really very lush and mountainous!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    KathynDes wrote: »

Hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. It’s supposed to be cooler here has been 39 (102.2) for two days and I don’t like it 🤪, soon it will be that and hotter everyday 🥵 ! But not yet so I want to take the dog (and kids) for long walks and have an adventure or two.

Eww, You must be south of the border, we just got hit with our first snow storm of the year, stupid Montana Weather, lol.

Here too (Minnesota). Grocery store was nuts yesterday, everyone panicking over the first snowfall. Guess I have to pull out the winter coat
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Steps:
    10/11 = 11,595
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    schlerin wrote: »
    angmarie28 wrote: »

Hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. It’s supposed to be cooler here has been 39 (102.2) for two days and I don’t like it 🤪, soon it will be that and hotter everyday 🥵 ! But not yet so I want to take the dog (and kids) for long walks and have an adventure or two.

Eww, You must be south of the border, we just got hit with our first snow storm of the year, stupid Montana Weather, lol.

Here too (Minnesota). Grocery store was nuts yesterday, everyone panicking over the first snowfall. Guess I have to pull out the winter coat

Oooooohhh, I do NOT miss those days and refer to them as "my days in arctic hell!!" when I discuss with others. I spent six LONG years in Burnsville, MN, while my husband (who moved us there), was on deployment the majority of the time, IN TROPICAL TEMPERATURES! There's a reason I'm divorced! UGH SMH!

You have my sympathy. If you were born and raised in Minnesnowta (no typo), then you probably are the hearty sort who can handle the weather and who talks about liking having all four seasons. I am originally from KY. I'm not cut out for the cold, the snow, the ice or any of the like.

You'll love this...when I left Minnesnowta, on my way out of town, I stopped and donated my big, heavy coat to Goodwill and vowed to never live north of the OH River EVER AGAIN. I'm in Coastal Virginia and have been for 16 years. My favorite winters are the ones where we see now snow at all (we've had 2-3 of those)...usually we get one or two snows and that's it. Temps get cold around mid-December but start warming up late Feb/early Mar. THAT I can handle.

I will admit I do the fresh smell of that first snow of the season and having it around the holidays. People do get excited when it comes time for the first snow...some of them even cross country ski to work...all part of the "Minnesota snow sickness" I used to laugh about. LOL I also miss the snow plow ballet. They KNOW how to clean the roads there. One sweep down the highway and all six lanes are clear...it's amazing. I also miss the Mall of America in Bloomington...and a few good friends I made while there. I don't miss wearing sweatshirts in June and July...not enough humidity there to ever be really warm...

YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHY!!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @kmfeig87 So sorry to hear the bad news of the pathology report. I will certainly continue to pray for you...hope the rest of the unexpected part of the treatment goes smoothly and you progress as quickly as you have so far, with very little discomfort. I am glad the surgical part is behind you and that your doctor feels positive about your progress. BIG HUGS!! Stay strong! Jessica
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Saturday weigh-in

Pw-154.2
    CW-152.8
  • kmfeig87
    @jessicakrall8 Thanks for the prayers and support! Gotta say I kind of miss the snow. We live in Alabama, but I'm from Connecticut. I like shoveling snow...although it can sort of drag on. And it is nice in the south not having to lug a coat everywhere. It's particularly nice in the winter months going in and out of stores...such a pain to have that big coat you keep having to put on and off.
  • kmfeig87
    edited October 2019
    104125389.png
  • kmfeig87
    Oh my goodness! I weighed in this morning and I was at goal! So excited! First time to see this number and I definitely haven't weighed this since I was married! Now to make it stick until Thursday's weigh in!!
  • jenready
    Steps
    10/11 10,185
  • jenready
    For my weigh in today can you please just carry over my weight from last week? I’m on vacation and am not able to weigh in today.
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh Day: Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 182.4
    CW: 183

So sorry. Bad week haven’t been feeling great
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Hi @DreaRN15 hope the photos are fab! Good luck for Sunday hope you get a great crowd. Are you a travel agent (book holidays and tours for people)? One of my first jobs was working in a photo lab before digital so I had to look at every photo (😳) but I loved seeing people’s holiday pics and talking about all the fun stuff they did and things they saw.

Yes I am a travel agent, by night. The proud owner of Drea's Dream Travels, follow me on Facebook. I specialize in group travel.By day I'm a nurse. I love owning my own business and having the opportunity to share a little joy with people by helping them plan their amazing adventures. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping for a good turnout and great start to my holiday season.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 283.2
    CW 286.2
  • DreaRN15
    Steps
    10/11 - 5236
This discussion has been closed.