Introductions

Options

Replies

• marg804n2
    marg804n2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I'm a 56-year-old woman living in Texas. I've struggled up and down 20 or so pounds for the last 20 years. Right now I'm in the middle of that range after losing 10 pounds last year. I've been eating well for a week now, and am motivated to start. At this point in my life I'm not trying to get very thin, just trying to get to a weight that I know is (or at least was) good for me and realistic. I only want to lose about 10 more pounds, that would put me into a size 8 jeans (wearing size 10 now.)

For November, my goal will be a 4 pound loss. I'm going to aim for 1100 calories a day, but will put 1250 as my maximum.

I usually do a 30 minute morning workout (usually Cathe Friedrichs, Jessica Smith, or The FIRM), and then some days I stop at the mall on my way home from work and walk 30-45 minutes. So I will definitely do at least one of those per day.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    holly2e wrote: »
    Rejoining this challenge after several months away.
    Welcome back! :)
  • sweet_october
    sweet_october Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm joining again this month :)
    Posting at the end of day keeps me accountable, even on the days when I don't get to log in for various reasons.
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    @vhschnure629 Welcome, Vicki...you are the same age as our group leader, as well as me! Glad to have you in this challenge. I have been in an ideal weight range since 2011, but have been in this group for nearly two years, now, for continued accountability and to avoid potential pitfalls.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    I am joining the group for the first time! My name is Vicki, and I am 69 years young. In the last 2 years I have lost 60 pounds and would like to lose 15-20 more to be within my ideal range. On November 1&2 I ate within my calorie budget, logged everything I ate and drank, and exercised for at least 20 minutes. I am ready for the challenge!

Yay Vicki! @vhschnure629
    Everyone, please welcome Vicki, a wonderful , strong woman & a dear on-line friend!
    I’m delighted you are here, Vicki!

We’ve got this! 💪🏻💕
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Vicki!! @vhschnure629
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Vicki!! @vhschnure629, I'm glad you are here with us and I look forward to getting to know you!
  • vhschnure629
    vhschnure629 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @jem302 I know where you are. I remember when my two little girls were 2 and 5! They are now 38 and 35 and I have just now gotten things under control weight wise. I wish I had done it while they were still small, like you are! I think breaking it down into chunks of 10 pound increments. The more success you achieve, the more motivated you will be!! Good luck!
  • vhschnure629
    vhschnure629 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here @Gus130 ! Except Mine is in June. We’ll get there!!
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    @Gus130 and @vhschnure629 Me too...70 in July. @RangerRickL will also be 70 in 2020. We will officially be described as septuagenarians. I would say we're doing pretty well given our choices to be diligent with nutrition and exercise.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'll be welcoming all of you to the 70's!! I'll be 72 in June.