November 19 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,440 Member

I love being in this group because I feel there's no other like it, it's supportive and the way it's a group with each day being an individual post is way more easier to log your days rather than it being a whole ongoing thread. I love reading everyone's posts on how their day went, how we all live different lives and yet have similar goals to each other. I think I'm back to being committed to staying here for a while until I no longer need to. (i promised myself, that i leave here a 3rd time i will no longer come back since it'll be apparent i cant keep up and i dont want it to be a cycle of leaving and coming back every few months. either i want to be here or i dont. for now, i want to be here.)

And best of all, it's not a contest group, or a weigh-in group, or a "lose this much by __" group. It's an accountability group, which encourages healthier habits way better than seeing who can lose the most weight by the next year.

And a couple messages I wanna make here is, 1. Gratitude is the key to quality of life. It helps prevent becoming bitter, helps you see that even during a time of personal struggle there's still something that you at least have (food, shelter, love, etc) that you can at least say "thank goodness i still have this and that as it can be much worse" (i might be going through some sh**t but i'm grateful for my mom doing her best to keep us comfortable, i'm grateful for the house we live in especially after the hell we went through to move here, i'm grateful we have food to keep us fed even if it isn't the most ideal, instagram-health-guru-worthy stuff ever. i'm grateful that despite what my depression tries to tell me, my life is 10x better now than it has been in the last 8 years and it'll only get better from here on as long as i put in the effort for it) , and helps keep your head above water.

and 2. There's no need to compare yourself to others. Seriously. Just don't bother. We're all so different, no one knows our full story and therefore other people's judgment on you doesn't matter as much (unless u be acting like a damn fool & a jerk). And in the healthy lifestyle world, there is no one-size-fits-all method of diet & exercise and no one can force that upon you, some people like Keto, others don't need it. Some people love running and doing push ups, others just like a little basic strength training. Some people can do it all week long, others need a break to recover. Some people have mental health issues that can get in the way, or even physical issues and some days you just simply can't do anything besides try to be kind to yourself and get some rest. Home life can get in the way, finances can get in the way. It's not always an excuse unless you simply give up and let the roadblocks get you down.

You can be whatever you want to be but nobody can be a unicorn. Work hard for what you love, work for your health, work for the people you love, work for a good long life. This shouldn't be about looking like that hot fit person on a magazine or Instagram page, who gets paid to tell you you're too fat to be worthy and therefore should pay them for their workout videos and meal plans cuz they make money off of our insecurities. Instead, it's about learning healthy habits, learning how we can further our limits, how we can break out of our comfort zones and discover something new about ourselves. We all want to be fit & healthy, lose weight or gain muscle or join a marathon or stop a binge eating cycle. But it's never a race or contest. You keep doing you, and never feel discouraged from your efforts no matter how big or small. No more guilt, and no more hiding from your problems & excuses. You are STRONG, WORTHY, CAPABLE.

Thank you. Well said! :)
    One of the reasons why I like this group very much!
  • victorious55
    Rick, I have been looking at this book by the founder of Goodlife Canada.
    9lsubjovksj9.jpg
  • victorious55
    November 19

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,282 Member
    Exercise : Yes, an hour's 'African Dancing', very energetic, and 25 minutes sedate walking.
    Calories: Yes, stayed under, had to eat into some of the exercise calories
    Tracking : Yes, logged it all.
    Not a bad day, but I cannot quite put my finger on why I don't feel better about it; in fact I feel a bit down. Better tomorrow!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,757 Member
    11/19
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    @RangerRickL Thanks for posting about The Roll Model. I'm not anti-medical-establishment at all, but I like it when people discover a method that actually works without medication and expensive procedures.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, two hours and twenty minutes, a dog walk and then time for myself in the nearby national park. I cautiously did some slow jogging, which I'm very happy about (I recently recovered from a knee injury)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under

Pass days used so far: 1/3
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minutes upper body.
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    I am kind of ashamed to say I used another pass day today. I have stopped counting how many I have taken this month. It feels like it’s been every other day...

But I’m still here to report. I’m not giving up. My weight is still dropping slowly but surely, I’m feeling better in my body and my clothes and I’m still doing way better than if I wasn’t tracking and part of this challenge :smile:

Exercise: kind of no. I did walk for an hour, but it was more a stroll than exercise
    Calories: noooooooo, my husband and I split a bubble waffle and without the exercise, it’s didn’t fit in my calories...
    Tracked: I guess I can be proud that I always track! No matter what!

Haven’t been reading much lately... been working on the computer to much these past weeks so I want to rest my eyes when I’m not working...

I’ll do better tomorrow!
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    November 19
    Exercised? YES, Crossfit Class +
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used: 2/3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    This is my go to book for inspiration at the minute. I’m rereading it for the 4th or 5th time.
    b21t0uox9i1o.jpeg

20 + minutes exercise? Yes
    Under calorie goal? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

Still here! Still working it!
    2️⃣ out of 3️⃣ passes left
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Exercise: Y 14K steps
    Calories: Y dipped into exercise calories though
    Tracked: Y
  • While rising and twisting, a back muscle was impinged
    I hope this isn't an off color remark but it sounds like you are describing something muscular, which isn't fun, but way better than the kind of thing that requires surgery.
    Thought about you (and Buddy) before sleeping last night.

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    11/19
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 min walk in the Village with Annie and my boyfriend of 47 years.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, on target....but lots of sweet treats required cauliflower soup for both lunch and dinner today to stay in my budgeted calorie allowance.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Not health related...but a gripping read I just finished (a true story) was The Only Road North about two brothers and two friends who journeyed thousands of miles on dirt bikes through Africa from Cape Town to Cairo including their descriptive encounters (both friendly & hostile).
    mksxz1kxw1qy.jpg
    I, particularly, enjoy traveling and could place previously visited locations in southern Africa, including Cape Town, the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa's Wine Region, Zambia, Victoria Falls.

For all of our Canadian UAC members...I just started reading Anne of Green Gables. While intended for a juvenile audience, I also just watched the DVD movie today as our next road trip in summer 2020 will be to visit the Atlantic Maritime Provinces of Canada...including Prince Edward Island and Green Gables National Historic Site, the location which inspired the novel by L.M. Montgomery.
    qgsuax433r0j.jpg
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,989 Member
    I enjoy reading a variety of materials right now I am reading The Casual Vacany by JK Rowling the dog enjoyed the cover !! I too am having a good easy read.
    I did my spin 22:06, logged my food and stayed under I have also been successful the past week or two with no after dinner snacks
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No, still sick. I feel like I'm turning a corner. Hoping tomorrow brings wellness.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 1.5 mile treadmill run + 30 minutes strength this morning

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    edited November 2019
    Exercise: Yes. 30 minutes on the tower.
    Calories:Yes, under
    Tracked:Yes
    @RangerRickL That looks like something I’ll check out, thanks. I really like “Becoming a Supple Leopard” and use it for reference when something starts to feel off.

I’ve re-learned how good dynamic and static stretching feels. I was focusing so much on gaining endurance that I was short changing my fitness by not ensuring everything was working in balance. This was my go to reference when I first started getting fit eons ago -

88vv951gc69w.jpeg