Replies

• fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    yes x 3 - Neighborhood walk.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, and more (my usual).
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (only 20 out of a possible 200+ exercise calorie bank used)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Nov Pass days so far: 1

• flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @Hollis100 "I live across the road from a national park with miles of walkable roads and trails that cross beautiful fields and woods."
    Gettysburg National Military Park? I have parks nearby...but none just across the road. How fortunate you are!
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    Pass Day #3 for me, still sick.
    Hope you feel better soon. Hugs and smiles for encouragement. :)
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Wednesday
    Did a boot camp class, and a dog walk.

I love knowing that my body is strong and capable. I love how I can lift heavier weights, and play tennis longer than a few weeks before. I'm amazed at how the body progresses, and I want to see what else I can do.

Having been both very overweight and out of shape for my 20's and most of my 30's, I never thought my body was capable of these things. It motivates me so much, to know that I am capable! I keep going because I don't want to lose the progress I've made.
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nov 6

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, today was power walk, 60 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @Hollis100 "I live across the road from a national park with miles of walkable roads and trails that cross beautiful fields and woods."
    Gettysburg National Military Park? I have parks nearby...but none just across the road. How fortunate you are!

Yep, that's the park. My profile photo shows a scene along my walking/jogging route. The land here is beautiful (and sad, because of the long ago war). I tend to think more about the dinosaurs that once roamed the area, though, than the soldiers in the American Civil War. Every area I've lived in has someplace interesting to walk or jog.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Exercise was a half hour of crazy running games at the kids program I help out with on Wednesdays. I’m not used to sprinting!

What keeps me motivated is the back aches I get when I get lazy with exercising/strength training. The sore back then affects my sleep which starts a downward spiral. I also choose exercises I enjoy so that I don’t dread workouts.

Exercise helps my back pain as well!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    11/6
    Exercised? yes
    Tracked? yes Calories? yes
    Passes Used: 1/3
    Weight lost in Nov: -

I need fun activities to stay motivated. The gym doesn't do it for me. Past and current hobbies include salsa dancing, scuba diving, and parkour!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sorry late today -- I wasn't feeling well yesterday (stomach cooties) and having the same issue today.

Did get a 24 minute walk in to the food store yesterday, barely ate anything and logged it all. So yes to all 3.
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Exercise?
    Budget?
    Track?
    Yes, yes, yes

How do I get motivated for exercise?
    A lot has to do with me being a bit obsessive compulsive about my numbers.
    I am always trying for climb numbers that will get me a merit badge on Strava.
    I actually try for more than that.
    I like going outside. I am kind of motivated to that.
    I went through a phase of cardio classes, spin, at the gym.
    I am kind of fizzled on that phase. Spin don't give me no climb credit.
    Going outside...
    Sometimes it is cold like today. 41 degrees, that don't sound cold but humidity and mist, a bit of breeze. Until I start generating some exercise heat I am kind of cold.
    Going up hill generates heat. I finally got a good climb in for this month. 2 hours of climbing.
    Ugh. I am slowing way down. Eh, so what. I ride some, I walk some.
    I had the whole canyon to myself this morning.
    I like it like that.
    I got this weird idea about smells. It had been raining so everything wet, leaves and stuff. So I smell this acrid musty smell. Weird. Hope it ain't me not changing my exercise clothes often enough.

I seen a fluffy little bobcat on the way down. Haven't seen one of those in like more than a year. But yeah, wildlife is motivating somehow.
    I seen bobcats way bigger than that one. Must have been a juvenile. No way could I have got a picture unless I had one of them GoPro things pasted to my forehead.
    Heh!
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    I got this weird idea about smells. It had been raining so everything wet, leaves and stuff. So I smell this acrid musty smell. Weird. Hope it ain't me not changing my exercise clothes often enough.

Thank you for your posts...sometimes they are just LOL enjoyable. ;)
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 40 min walk, 17 min strength with light cardio between sets

Calorie goal: yes

Logged everything: yes
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nov 7:
    Exercise: Yes. 90 mins elliptical.
    Within kcal: Yes.
    Track everything: Yes.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Nov 7

Exercise: yes, 47 min walks after class in lit downtown area. Time really flew with all the people watching!

Calories over: one app says 14 surplus, the other 260 over. Funny thing: if I’d talked myself out of the dessert, I’d have been ok.

I learned to take easy to eat healthy foods to my class.
    I learned I eat when I’m tired.

Tracked all.

Pass Days Remaining: 2

Today’s weight: 155.2

Motivation for exercising. I have made it a habit with UAC’s help. Walking each day reminds me how lucky I am. I feel strong & energetic. And my HDL is normal!

My motivation for exercise: HEALTH.

My Best tip: Tell yourself you can stop after 5 mins. Beginning is the hardest part.
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    To keep my motivation to exercise, I remember that I need it like a medicine, to feel happier and more relaxed in my mind. It’s so much more than physical benefits for me.

I did exercise the last two days, but did not do well with tracking or my calorie goal. Which means I have had three pass days. I will continue to try, and I hope that I can stay on track better than I have thus far.
  • fiddicat
    fiddicat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes