People you see at Gamestop

Options
2»

Replies

• cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "The employee who feels the same way."

Haha, I know quite a few of the people working at the Gamestop, and they recognize me. I used to go in there all of the time when I was underage and normally, they ID'd constantly. I came in so often, they would just say "Yeah, we know you. No problem." They are all so goofy, and actually gamers also, so they feel our pain (at least at my store). It is corporate that gives us crap trade-in prices. I tried to trade in my Street Fighter IV. They offered me $5.00, but it was on the shelf for $30. Screw that. I collect games now, lol.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    A GAME employee once asked me if I needed help picking out a gift for my boyfriend a couple of years ago. I laughed it off and he sort of shuffled away very slowly.

At least Steam isn't a judgemental prat.

So you didn't even buy your boyfriend the game!? You obviously aren't a gamer since you know...ovaries...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    My 'type' would be <takes DEEP breath> "Old school (think coin-op and 2nd-6th generation console) gamer who's too cheap to spend more than $30 for a game and is perfectly content to wait 6-9 months for either the price to drop or for used versions to flood the market" <gasp> The Wii came out in 2006 and I didn't buy one until 3-4 years later. <catches breath>

When I walk into GameStop, I march straight to the used Wii game section and they only ask me once if I need help and leave me alone.
    The most exciting thing to me about the upcoming XBox One is that next year it should push down price for a used XBox 360 Kinect bundle to $149 or so. *sold*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is there a category for "Goes in for one game, walks out with five more used ones than intended"?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I always try to be nice to them ... And wear low cut shirts when I shop there to improve morale. . Poor peeps.

Pics or it didn't happen
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    They need to draw a picture of a mother putting every single game back onto the shelf that her 'darlings' have decided to take down due to the pretty covers or interest in the characters.

My daughter popped a balloon at GameStop the other day. I felt awful for ruining their trade-in display. XD
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The employees at the Gamestops around here are always awesome. Never had a bad one.

Once, corporate sent a local store's copies of a brand new, very anticipated release to another store. Not only did one of the employees hop in his car to drive the 1 hour round trip to bring the games to us (with a smile on his face), but they also sent someone to get donuts and coffee for the customers in line. For some places that would have been unheard of... but for this location THIS was normal customer service.

Guess we have just been lucky.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Is there a category for "Goes in for one game, walks out with five more used ones than intended"?

This. I go in for one thing and leave with like 10 games.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

This. I go in for one thing and leave with like 10 games.

Yeah, I'm guilty of this as well. >.>
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never been into a gamestop despite being a gamer. Probably because I'm the guy that manager fears. I use Steam and other similar services to get my games, and I get digital download copies of everything I buy.