How best to listen to new music on your smart phone

Options
Gabrielm80
Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
I was lucky last December Sony playstation had a sale on Sony unlimited for one time payment of 12 bucks the whole year. So I have been spoiled and usually can find a great number of albums and stream them into a work out, but as the year ends I like so many others will be faced with what service is the best about streaming music. I know many are free to stream but they are radio stations only for free and often do not allow the power of choice with out premium service. Which is the best bang for your buck premium service. Which of the free ones have the best services?

Replies

• wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use an app called "MP3 free Download" and have had luck with that so far x
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Panodra is the only one I listen to. There are apps though like Rock my Run and FIT Radio and Workout Radio. I have them, but don't often use them.
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I have songza on my phone but only listen to it with wifi haha
    for workouts I use my MP3 player and I have a ton of music downloaded from this site called:
    www.steady130.com
    check it out - its awesome
  • Mainosaur
    Mainosaur Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was lucky last December Sony playstation had a sale on Sony unlimited for one time payment of 12 bucks the whole year. So I have been spoiled and usually can find a great number of albums and stream them into a work out, but as the year ends I like so many others will be faced with what service is the best about streaming music. I know many are free to stream but they are radio stations only for free and often do not allow the power of choice with out premium service. Which is the best bang for your buck premium service. Which of the free ones have the best services?

Premium Spotify, it's $10 a month but sooooo worth it! No adds, you can build playlists, download songs to the app so you don't need wifi.

Also, blue tooth headphones... they're a bit pricey but since I've gotten them I have yet to get stuck on the treadmill or tangled up in anything. I almost took myself out when stepping off the treadmill (so embarrassing:embarassed: )
  • daemonkat
    daemonkat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what genres you're interested in. Librivox [ http://librivox.org/ ] has free audiobooks. Good for longer walks but could be a bit slow for faster paced workouts. There is open source music available at Internet Archive [ http://archive.org ] in a variety of flavors. Free Music Archive is another one. [ http://freemusicarchive.org/ ] The files here are posted by the artists, usually. All in all pretty nice quality from each site. I haven't had any complaints. If you like pop music mashups Bootie Mashup's blog has some interesting tracks. [ http://bootiemashup.com/blog/ ]

Happy Jamming.
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I rarely have music files on my phones now.
    For discovering new stuff i mostly use Spotify Premium. Used to use Deezer when Spotify wasn't available in our corner of Europe. But now swiched, since Spotify has better sound quality and desktop app has more features. For streaming my own library from home PC i use Subsonic.
    Still most of my listening on the go is now audiobooks and podcasts. Probably just getting old :)
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazon will now give an MP3 copy of any CD album you buy which can be downloaded direct to your phone on WiFi from the Amazon MP3 App, or via your PC. I also use my PC to rip cd's into MP3 format on WMP and copy to my phone - my 32Gb SD card holds my entire music collection with plenty of room to spare but it may be time to upgrade to 64Gb soon to allow for my fiancées music collection when she comes over from the US to stop being my fiancée. I've been looking at Spotify Premium for a while now but haven't made the leap - I want Pandora but we're not allowed it in the UK. TuneIn Radio is a pretty good app on Android and has pretty good sound quality. The Absolute 80's cheesefest is essential listening on TuneIn for sure, if only to try and run away on the treadmill from some of the truly awful music I used to listen to back in the day...
  • Marpo08
    Marpo08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've tried both Spotify and WiMP, but my favourite is Google Play Music.