Monday November 11 Veterans day addition

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

Replies

• steplinn398
    Options
    Morning gang

Thanks to all the Veterans and military adjacent for your service.

Headed to San Juan today to Costco and to pick up our mail. No tolls this way either. Won't be able to stock up quite as much as we just have a apartment size fridge.

Main thing we need to get is a vacuuming robot. The last place had one (and we had them in Nebraska) and a broom just isn't cutting it.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning, folks.

You get your mail at Costco, Steph?

The house went to competitive bid, so we had to put our best offer forward which I hate with the weight of a thousand dying suns since it's really just bidding against yourself.

We'll find out at some point today. In the meantime, I was up at 4 because my brain hates sleep, apparently.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Happy Veteran's Day.

Great photo of Ron by the pool. Nice spot and view. Living the life!

One week before closing with buyer for the practice. Lots going on to prepare for different software and medication dispensing units called cubex. New software will be cloud based and cubex tracks all meds, keeps controlled drug log, and automatically orders meds when stock is running low.

Congrats to the Sounders.

Pickled peppers last night. Jalapeno and serrano slices. DW made me do it out side. Packed slices with garlic cloves and dill. Martha Stewart taught me how to peel garlic cloves en masse. I needed 30 cloves.
    33jzffvxu5zu.png
    Shake for 20 seconds, and voila'! Easy peasy.

BBB OP ;-)

• manladdvm
    Options
    Ugh, Lou. I'm right there with you. Learned not to trust real estate agents when buying, or selling for that matter. You never get the straight poop.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning - off to Quantico for a service. Then to ye olde VFW.

~Skipper
  • manladdvm
    Options
    Saw this and thought of Dr Powell. Not sure why.

u0ygwa7gbr4n.png
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Grateful to all those that served.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Had a wonderful time at the MLS Cup match, yesterday. Soccer crowds are different from football crowds. It is very col to be part of 69,000 fans absolutely silent and doing a "slow clap" (look one up on YouTube). Unison chants following home goals were deafening, too. I am still hoarse. Largest crowd ever for a sports event at Century Link Field, with tens of thousands outside who couldn't get tickets, but wanted to be part of the event. And the Sounders won! Thanks to my DS who managed to get the tickets and asked me to go.

2xhk7xrkrpdt.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Happy Veterans Day BBB Friends.
    • Breakfast with the ROMEOs
    • Veterans Day Ceremony in the 'hood at 11am.
    • We had a nice Veterans recognition at church yesterday too.
    • Yep, I know someone who would wear that suit.
    • Sounds like a great day Dave.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    To our BBB vets and all others, Happy Veterans Day, and thank you!

First half of day logged in from the home office island, waiting for snow to let up and highways to get salted. Smooth ride in at 11am. being patient and waiting. If this is any indication on what Mr. Winter has in store for us, I'll be doing a lot of waiting in a.m. to hit the road. Too many rude fast texting drivers without insurance out there reeking havoc.

Looks like an amazing father son outing Dave!

DS1 one got to go to his first Cowboys game last night as a thank you from the top gun AD, for coming on board and doing a great job so far. Wonder if he went with UNT wear, or showed is Packer pride LOL?

Good luck Lou, I hate those games too. Stressful

I saw Skip in more a holiday cheer suit, but that could work for him! Esp. if his dmil crocheted it for him for Christmas, how could he not wear it? ;)

Coming down to it Lee, many years have you and dw had your practice open? Bet this is kinda bitter, yet sweet? What are your future plans moving forward, and dw's?

Have a great day BBB!

Stay safe, be happy!

• manladdvm
    Options
    Mary, we've owned and operated our practice for 17 yrs. DW is ready to let go. I'm good, because it's always felt like I was working for DW anyway.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    We get our mail at a mailbox store. It was the best way to get. Permanent address for getting insurance. So far the insurance company is the only one who has the address since we only pay for 10 items a month then have to pay extra.

Now that it is only an hour away with no tolls we will probably send Amazon packages there too.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who’ve served our country.