Welcome all

Options
Hi all! Welcome to the group!

I created this group as I travel ALOT for work and really, really struggle to stay on track. The biggest issue I find is lack of time (to prep, plan etc) and a lack of privacy.

The idea of this group is to share ideas and tips of staying on track in a life that has no real routine (asides from running about all over the place!)

I spend 3 weeks away from home each month, only returning at weekends and about 15 hours a week on a train.

What's everyone's patterns and main issues? Let's inspire each other on the road.

Replies

• Mnaminal
    Mnaminal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

So excited to find this group. The struggle is real.

I travel at least once a month, sometimes up to weekly. I find eating with others most challenging, especially when there are things to share. I also tend to take comfort in food and booze when I’m on the road.

I have a few tricks I’ve developed over the years. I try to stay at hotels with a fridge so I can “meal prep” lunch, which is super handy for trade shows. I keep a list on my phone with nutritional values for places I see a lot, like Starbucks. I do recon as much as I can to identify healthy food options before I’m in a new city. I also joined Orangetheory fitness, which honors my membership globally, so I make a game of going when I’m on the road.