• JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary @stella7x7

Thanks for the info Craig. I know I need to cut down on carbs but find it harder to put into practice.

Pass. Had a lovely lunch with old friends. We had our first Christmas Dinner together 2 decades ago. Now it's a noisier and bigger group with husbands and lots of children. I didn't track, but I'm ok with that.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »

Thanks for the info Craig. I know I need to cut down on carbs but find it harder to put into practice.

Pass. Had a lovely lunch with old friends. We had our first Christmas Dinner together 2 decades ago. Now it's a noisier and bigger group with husbands and lots of children. I didn't track, but I'm ok with that.

@am_change. Its actually not so much reducing carbs as ensuring your intake is less than your output. The carbs themselves are not filling (fibre, fats and protein are).

For a lot of people, the easiest way to reduce total intake is to:
    1. Do not eat between meals.
    2. When eating, do so away from other distractions (like TV, internet, work, etc..), so you actually think about what you are eating.
    3. Portion out your food and put away excess before commencing to eat (this way you need to go out of your way to eat more).

Reducing things like sweet food (cookies, cake, soft-drink) and processed carbs (including processed wheat (flour), ie. bread, pizza, pasta) is VERY difficult. These foods are prevalent in our modern society due to being comfort food, long shelf life, cheap and subsidised to produce.

For me finding take away food is very difficult. Restaurant food is generally less of a problem, but less so than take away. Oddly enough gluten free is often the best option eating out (but not when the gluten free option is a wheat/flour/bread like replacement which is often terrible and best avoided).
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Pass 5
    The scale today (Sunday) showed I'm 2 lbs up. The last couple days was hard. I should've made myself count my calories, but I was out of town yesterday and did not exercise.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Pass day #5
    Exercise: No
    Calories:Yes
    Tracked:Yes
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    am_change wrote: »

@am_change. Its actually not so much reducing carbs as ensuring your intake is less than your output. The carbs themselves are not filling (fibre, fats and protein are).

For a lot of people, the easiest way to reduce total intake is to:
    1. Do not eat between meals.
    2. When eating, do so away from other distractions (like TV, internet, work, etc..), so you actually think about what you are eating.
    3. Portion out your food and put away excess before commencing to eat (this way you need to go out of your way to eat more).

Reducing things like sweet food (cookies, cake, soft-drink) and processed carbs (including processed wheat (flour), ie. bread, pizza, pasta) is VERY difficult. These foods are prevalent in our modern society due to being comfort food, long shelf life, cheap and subsidised to produce.

For me finding take away food is very difficult. Restaurant food is generally less of a problem, but less so than take away. Oddly enough gluten free is often the best option eating out (but not when the gluten free option is a wheat/flour/bread like replacement which is often terrible and best avoided).

Great advice thanks. Now just the hard job of following it!
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    December 21
    Exercised? YES - Crossfit Class
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used:0/3

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No real exercise, just running around trying to get things done! :smile:
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    We're on a road trip and have had no internet for almost a week. Been tracking in my note book and catching up now!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Dec 21
    Ex✅
    Under✅
    Track✅

4 or 5 pass days used.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    2x yes