i need motivators please!

I had my first child july 19th. Throughout the pregnancy I gained 60 pounds!!! I've dropped 30 so far, I'm sure that was mostly water weight, anyways i still have 30 more to go, and i just don't know where to start.The last 3 days i've been taking walks with my baby for 45 minutes, just regular walking not brisk walking. I'm just depressed with the way i look. My nieces came to see me last week, and they were surprised when they saw me. They were like auntie you were always tiny what happened? I know they're kids, but it did hurt me.

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Firstly, congratulations on your new baby! Your body has just gone through an incredible journey that took 9 months, so please, give yourself 9 months to recover.

Walks are a great start to being active, but do not overdo it. You cannot start an exercise regime without first getting the OK from your doctor.

Please take time to enjoy your new baby and not worry too much about your weight at this point. :)
  • Congratulations on your baby!

Especially if you are breastfeeding, take it slow. If you get too quickly into a workout routine, it will effect your milk supply. Start off small...and work your way up. Lets motivate each other!