Saturday cup o' joe

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member

Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. Mark Twain

Replies

• steplinn398
    Options
    Morning gang

Pouring rain here off and on since early so I begged off our walk. Will either need to go later or not take Monday off. I have goals even if I would rather sleep in.

Nothing major today. Ron is working in taxes and I need to figure out which credit card to get next for travel points.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning

Steph - consider the Amex Platinum. The points are sick and add up fast. Plus $180 in Uber credits and $200 in travel reimbursement expenses annually.

Doc said I have too much stress. Well no “kitten” Sherlock. How does one live in an urban area with egregious traffic and morons and work in the jobs I work and with a mother in law and not be stress free. Good grief.

Off to VFW today.

Cheers
    Skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Its raining here too, Steph.

Well, duh Doc. So Skip, how you gonna decrease your stress levels besides omitting caffeine which would actually increase my stress levels. I guess the VFW is a good start.

Off to Bath NY for trial this morning. It's gonna be so muddy. Billy is running Babe this am and I will run her tomorrow and FINALLY bring her home. I sure miss that pooch. She has almost spent more time with Billy this year than with me.

Mutual funds for nieces and nephews excellent gift.

45+ years friends. Wow.

So Lou, you gonna get a new transmission or a new car? Which ever sucks *kittens*. Frustrating I'm sure.

Just got my 100K service on my wee truck. $825. Included transmission and 4x4 differentials fluid change. Remember when you could do those things yourself?

BBB OP ;-)

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Raining here - we need it. Winter can be dry and fire risk in SW Florida.
    Mary - I hope you had a great time with your BFF. My BFF and I have been friends since we were 4 years old too.
    Lee - hug AB for us and take time to enjoy the mud!
    Bill - talk to Sam about doing some yoga a few days a week - great to destress.
    Steph - I love your goals.
    David - Rita update please.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    Skip move to a tropical island. 🌴😀🌴☀️

My stress level has never been lower. Traffic is still something else (not so much the traffic but the blatent disregard for the rules of the road).

I'm just drinking one small cup of coffee a day plus two on non walking days. Would enjoy more but one quick one before walk then don't really feel like it after.

Maybe be more to do with no job, enough money, a husband I love and daily sunshine plus 2-3 hours of exercise daily. And my daily dose of all if you.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Rita had a very good meeting with the PT doc, yesterday. She is doing exercises and stretches, and has already seen marked improvement. Really pleased with how it went.

There is a chance of cold rain and snow in the Olympics, but I am going for a hike, today. I'll gear up for the conditions. I just want to get out in the forest. I have been happy to stay close to home to support Rita, during her recovery, but look forward to some quiet time in the woods.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    No phone for me. Mine died Thursday night. I was all stresssed out yesterday, absolutely NO WAY to get in touch with me. no one has landlines anymore. Who on here does?
    New phone to arrive at some point today.

Glad the scope went well.
    Raine, are you feeling ok?
    Glad all is checking out well with Rita.
    Transmission problems really are costly and no one wants to spend money on THAT!!

I;m getting a massage at 9:30. I need it.
    Trying to figure out the logistics to get to Florida in May, annual trip and then over to LA to watch the oldest boy get his Masters in Law. He wants to walk.. I have no desire to go to LA.. I'm going though..
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Rule #1 of buying a home, Lee, is don't do anything that would make your underwriter raise an eyebrow before you close. Don't shift assets. Don't take on new debt. Nothing.

My car is well maintained otherwise, so we're getting a transmission from a totaled car with 61k miles on it and having it swapped into my car. It'll be guaranteed for 24k miles, so that should see me through for a number much less than taking on a payment for a F150 Raptor.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Great time last nite! Now it's game on.
    Forced family fun over here with the cousins for the Packer Game tomorrow. I'm doing a salad bar, potato bar spread and fruit. How WW like is that!

Off to the store I go! Downfall of ft work, can't shop on a Wed at 9am.... 12 yrs til retirement for me!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Continues cool and damp but rain stopped till Monday
    Christmas get together tonight in our old hood on lake, they still include us in get together
    Believe all gifts have arrived just need to get wrapped
    Disadvantage of living in restrictive community; I've wanted a little roadster for years, a friend of DD visa is up he is having to go back to Chile, he has an older SL he cannot take and offered to me for $2,500. We already have 2 vehicles and are not allowed to have an extra vehicle parked in drive.
    Glad Rita is improving,
    Skip, stress is a form of worry; you have to adopt attitude to do what you can and let all other stuff go; look up Matthew 6:25
    We still have a land line, kids don't understand me not being attached to cell phone I have one but is is usually laying around somewhere and since it has voice mail I do not worry about checking it sometimes for several days at a time.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I hadn't thought about it but you need to be careful financially when you are in the process of getting a mortgage.
    • We had over 2" of rain yesterday but it is drying out now. I hibernated.
    • Kelly, I still have a landline. It is VOIP and only costs about $6. a month (taxes). I just bought a new 4 extension phone system that our 2 cell phones connect to thru bluetooth. If one of the cell phones rings you can answer it on any of the extensions.
    • My stress went way down when I didn't have to go to work everyday and answer stupid questions and attend useless meetings.
    • Army / Navy game at 3pm.
    • DW made cookies yesterday. They're good and that's a problem.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    No landline since there was a fire in my apartment building in 2000 and I put it "on hold" while I lived in temporarily housing while they cleaned and rebuilt my building.

Omg I miss a few coworkers and some of the action but in no way miss the hours of meetings that took most of the day and then I had to do my real work.

Cloudy day so we are day drinking and planning our hike adventure.

My family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow so a little sad and missing them.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Had a great hike - chilly but fun.

We have a land line. Cell signal is spotty in our house. I can be talking and lean to the other side of my chair and lose the signal. That has held true with three different cellular providers, over the years. We need reliable telephone service to get messages from doctors and for our home security system. We did go to cordless phones, several years ago. I still miss rotary dials.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    So, I’m surprised. Most have a landline.
    Steph. Day drinking is a ok. I call that being on vacation.