Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 12.17.19

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,302 Member
Morning Cuppa Joe.

"....but I've read the script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part." ~Cleopatra

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,302 Member
    Morning~

Lots of shopping done yesterday. Poor AMZ and UPS delivery drivers musts hate us.

Think we are ready for the descension of the family next week for dinner.

At least the wine cellar is fully stocked - in the event it gets bad, thats where you can find me.

nice beach photo, Steph!

Glad new mug accoutrements arrived - still seething about that order SNAFU!

Lou - hope you are safe!

Doc - how ye feeling today?

Raine - hows peepers?

Any update on Rita?

~Skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,972 Member
    Mornin' BBB.

Mild improvement. Still very achy, but no cold sweats. Surprisingly, made it through the day at work okay, and ate dinner last night. Restless sleep. Just trying not to overdo it and get plenty of fluids.

Beautiful photo of the beach, Steph. Wish I was there to lay in warm sand. Icy mix here overnight.

Dennis, heard about the Falcons win over 'Niners yesterday am on radio. Good for the birds!

Am so behind on Christmas at this point, I doubt that I'll be able to catch up. Oh well.

BBB OP ;-)

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,680 Member
    Good morning, folks.

I completed my first morning commute in Austin today. About 20 minutes, so not bad. And, as expected, I was like the 5th car in the parking garage because people in Austin don't really know what a full day's work really is.

Closing is at 9AM (CST) tomorrow, so any mojo you can send my way around that time is appreciated.

Rumor has it there's an extra box sitting in my pile of stuff I had sent to the office. Hope I'll find a mug...
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,225 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Rita and I were out shopping, yesterday. We did find a couple more things for the kids.

Rita is doing her PT exercises and stretches religiously. Her flexibility has improved a lot, strength will follow. I might try to get her out for a short, nearby hike in the forest, today.

Get well soon, Lee. Positive vibes heading for Texas, Lou.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,709 Member
    Good morning BBB! Cold but no white stuff, I hope it stays that way. It can snow a bit the morning of 12/25 if it wants.... It'd be purdy.

Lee, I sure hope you can take a day off and sleep, really. But hey, you're the doc, right!? Well Im a Mom...go to bed!!! ;)

Im pretty set for the holidays... Just some banking/envelope stuffing, a little baking next couple of nights, for gift giving to my hoa board members, co-workers, a couple neighbors, some family, etc. and wrapping a few gifts for under our tree - don't have much, this year cash seemed to be the way to go. Groceries likely will happen Fri night or early early Sat. for the week ahead and Im done, other than hosting 12/25 brunch.

I'm blessed and grateful for sure, as I remind myself not all people enjoy these holidays, for many its a hard time emotionally, financially, those with illness and with loss, estranged with some family, etc. With that, I will try to have more patience and give more of myself with xtra compassion. Tis the season!

Have a great day BBB be safe, be happy

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,680 Member
    I've been mugged!!!

A beautiful turned European Beech traveling mug complete with warnings NOT to put it in the dishwasher is now sitting proudly on my desk and already serving a higher purpose.

Thank you, Dave!

3pp9zwculq8j.jpg
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Morning BBB

Had to duck under some shelter for a cloub burst this morning on our walk but then got to watch all the run off get filtered down the mountain which was interesting.

A little pool time between showers. Probably could think about packing.

Glad to see the muggings progressing.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,860 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Had to skip my Emmaus group meeting this morning to rehearse with the pre-schoolers for their Christmas program tomorrow.
    • Doing a little end of year financial work. Trying to decide if a Roth conversion on the IRA makes sense.
    • Good luck with the closing Lou. I hate those things. Dam uppity lawyers. No offense Raine. I always found it interesting when I am buying they want my certified money 24 hours in advance but when I selling I'll get a check in a week.
    • Get well Doc Lee.
    • Emma found a new place to nap...
      rfsyg46fh8kt.jpg
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Hi Everyone! Someone else should be getting mugged today ... I'm watching to see!

I hope Cecelia loves the new place! So you get to be there for the holidays ... that's great!
    We are good for the economy and for the delivery people's jobs, Skip. We're big helpers!
    I'm glad you're feeling better, Lee. It sucks to be sick, especially at the holidays. What all do you still need to do? As for gifts, there are always gift cards. Most people really appreciate them! Or cash. My dfil gives us all envelopes of cash every year. We LOVE it!
    Take good care of Rita, Dave! And NICE MUG!
    What are you serving for that brunch, Mary? I haven't begun deciding mine, and I might steal some of your ideas. We have Jim's family all coming this Saturday, so we're doing a spiral glazed ham (his dad asked for it), twice baked potatoes with bacon and rosemary, crockpot apples and cinnamon (basically the filling of an apple pie, but 0 SP), and minty-orange-glazed peas and carrots.

I am pretty much ready, with a couple exceptions. I wrote a poem for my Guides that goes with their gifts, and I need to get it printed on nice cardstock. Then I need to plan food for the actual day (we're doing all our celebrating on Christmas Eve), shop for and do stockings, and shop for and do food for this Saturday. Oh, and dfil needs 1 more gift, too. And that's all I need. (who knows that one? :smiley: )
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,225 Member
    I mentioned the other day that I had been mugged, but neglected to provide photographic evidence. Here is my new mug:

3h7z8zkdpqzz.jpg

Makes me want to go out and inspect something, or at least have someone drop and give me 20. Ah, the good old days.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Good Afternoon BBB.
    Eye is progressing great. I am still off schedule so morning BBB checkin time is skewed.
    Lee - I hope you are feeling better.
    Lisa - love the cookies.
    David - so glad Rita is improving.
    Lou - did closing go smooth?
    Dennis - I love Emma's new spot.
    Mary - enjoy your Christmas brunch - I bet whatever you serve it will be lovely.
    Steph - where is your next location?
    Bill - how many are you hosting for dinner?
    Sam - do you suspend the yoga classes during the holiday?
    All mugging pics are wonderful.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,870 Member
    Good Evening,
    Glad Rita is so much better,
    Lee, hope you are better soon
    Lou, hoping closing goes smoothly and Celia loves home.
    Subbed at school today and did one yoga class, two yoga classes tomorrow and one Thursday next week only one class Monday; same for following week unless decide to continue Thursday class.
    Done what shopping I doing on internet, believe all received,
    Will make up menus tomorrow after checking flyers for specials, not willing to pay what stores asking when a change in menu can cut price in half and be just as good.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,226 Member
    Hi