2020 Run the Year Group

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I'm pretty new to running, I'll sign up for 300 miles

Welcome welcome welcome! You can also join us in the monthly running thread for daily motivation and entertainment!
  • Elise4270
    Hey anyone need a last minute holiday gift for someone? Buy them a Run The Year package and have them join in the fun! Better than a box of chocolates or a gym membership at they’ll abandon by mid February! Nothings says “I love you and want you on this earth with me” like a reason to walk or run with friends!

I should get paid for that rty.
    https://shop.runtheedge.com/pages/run-the-year-2020
  • Elise4270
    Got my swag today!!!
    Love the 3 year medallion-Courage
    crfaw27erpno.jpg
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    Got mine today too!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    I am registered!
  • shanaber
    Reposting to bring this over to the current page. Hoping we get some more activity here. Our teams are pretty sparse. Worst case we will have just one or maybe 2 teams.
    Team A
    1. @adampeart 1000 miles
    2. @seestephierun 800 miles.
    3. @VanVanDiane 300 miles
    Total 2100.

Team B
    1. @Camaramandy648 1300 Miles
    Total 1300 need 720 miles

Team Bad*ss
    No1! @eleanorhawkins 2020 Miles!!!! 👍

Team C
    1. @kgirlhart 1000 Miles.
    Total 1000. Need 1020 miles

Team D
    1. @shanaber 1000 Miles
    2. @elise4270 100 Miles 🤫
    Total 1020. Need 900 miles

Team E
    Total
  • kgirlhart
    I was excited to get the email too. I hope some more people join. I need teammates!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I am going to join! I definitely want to be on a team because 2020 miles by myself will be difficult! Probably Tuesday!
  • Elise4270
    Perhaps we can wrangle some newbies in early January. Is the new January thread up yet?
  • shanaber
    It's up now @elise4270 since you created it for us! 😊
    If you are new here there is also a monthly running challenge group with tons of runners at all levels talking about running related topics and life in general as it relates to running (mostly). Come join in and set a goal to get you through January!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776887/january-2020-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    I’m in for 1000. I’ll get registered today. How do they know what team? Dumb question lol
  • Elise4270
    I’m in for 1000. I’ll get registered today. How do they know what team? Dumb question lol

No such thing as a dumb question. ;) Once the year starts we create teams and join them. I cant remember exactly how, but do remember that it wasn't difficult. We do need to think about team names though!

Reposting to bring this over to the current page. Hoping we get some more activity here. Our teams are pretty sparse this year. Looks like at least 3 good teams!
    Team A
    1. @adampeart 1000 miles
    2. @seestephierun 800 miles.
    3. @VanVanDiane 300 miles
    Total 2100.

Team B
    1. @Camaramandy648 1300 Miles
    2. @hamsterwheel6 1000 miles
    Total 2300

Team Bad*ss
    No1! @eleanorhawkins 2020 Miles!!!! 👍

Team C
    1. @kgirlhart 1000 Miles.
    Total 1000. Need 1020 miles

Team D
    1. @shanaber 1000 Miles
    2. @elise4270 100 Miles 🤫
    Total 1020. Need 900 miles

Team E
    Total

• shanaber
    @hamsterwheel6 - When you register you need to pick a username on the RTY site and we will need to know whatever that name is to add you to our team. So if I am a team captain and @elise4270 is on my team I will find her and add her to the team - at least I believe that is how it was done. We can also follow each other individually as well as all of the teams.
    I encourage using our MFP usernames only because it is easier to know who is who.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Elise4270 and @shanaber Thank you! I will let you know once registered!
  • shanaber
    I logged into the RTY2020 tracker and we can start setting up teams. 1st though we need to start thinking up Team Names! I was scrolling through to see what others were using and what was taken. One that caught my eye and made me laugh was S.L.U.T.S. - Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress 🤣

@elise4270 - we could reuse our 2019 team name modified with 2020 or come up with a new name? Gimpy Runners for 2020? 😁

If we don't get anymore people joining in I will pull @kgirlhart onto my team and we will have 3 teams plus @eleanorhawkins on her own team of 1. We will still have lots of spots to add more in if some want to join later. I was kind of hoping @tramboman and some of the others from last year would join again.
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2019
    shanaber wrote: »
    I logged into the RTY2020 tracker and we can start setting up teams. 1st though we need to start thinking up Team Names! I was scrolling through to see what others were using and what was taken. One that caught my eye and made me laugh was S.L.U.T.S. - Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress 🤣

@elise4270 - we could reuse our 2019 team name modified with 2020 or come up with a new name? Gimpy Runners for 2020? 😁

If we don't get anymore people joining in I will pull @kgirlhart onto my team and we will have 3 teams plus @eleanorhawkins on her own team of 1. We will still have lots of spots to add more in if some want to join later. I was kind of hoping @tramboman and some of the others from last year would join again.

I was thinking the same about @kgirlhart . I think new year new name. We'll have to brainstorm on it.

Eta
    https://athlonsports.com/running-team-names
  • shanaber
    I like several of those! R.I.O.T. is my favorite 😁
    Cirque Du Sore Legs
    Easier Said Than Run
    Fo Shoe
    Follow the Run-bow
    Not Fast, Just Furious
    R.I.O.T. (Running Is Our Therapy)
    Scrambled Legs
  • kgirlhart
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I was thinking the same about @kgirlhart . I think new year new name. We'll have to brainstorm on it.

Eta
    https://athlonsports.com/running-team-names

That will work for me if we don't get any other people. I'm not really gimpy (yet) though so a new name would be nice. I do like the name R.I.O.T.
  • Elise4270
    I like several of those! R.I.O.T. is my favorite 😁
    Cirque Du Sore Legs
    Easier Said Than Run
    Fo Shoe
    Follow the Run-bow
    Not Fast, Just Furious
    R.I.O.T. (Running Is Our Therapy)
    Scrambled Legs

I like all those! R.I.O.T is good! Go with it!