January 19 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, an hour and 55 minutes, most of it at the gym. The ice is still like a layer of thick glass everywhere.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pass 3/3 for yesterday, today was a yes x3 for me.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Yes, only the best will do for ourselves
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 60 min decluttering/sorting, 50 min walk in sunshine
    Tracking yes Calories yes
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 41 mile walk on the treadmill this morning -- over my 12K step target for the day.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - those are all good suggestions. I needed a plan and you have given me much needed tools. I’m new to this state. I’m going to look into some groups/programs around here and try to meet some like minded people. I will also suggest more active socializing with those I do know. Who knows, maybe they are having the same difficulties I am. I didn’t say anything about my preferences. Maybe they are feeling the same and didn’t say anything either. We seem to be so conditioned to socializing with food and alcohol. Thank you for sharing. I was really down last night.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @readyornot1234, I've faced similar problems but we've stopped meeting friends for dinner and generally get together at different houses once a month or so and do a potluck. Most of the girls are trying to lose weight so we all cook accordingly. I don't mind having water instead of alcohol but sometimes I'll have a glass of wine.

I haven't really found too many women to do active things with unless it's my daughter or daughter in law and they're both in CO and I'm in CA so I do most of my active things solitary. I joined a hiking group last year but they were all much younger (by decades) than me and I couldn't really keep up with them. I was self-conscious about holding the group back because I was slower than them.

I have my husband to hang out with at home but he's not active.

In your case I would try to find groups you can join. If I were alone that's what I would do. I can't really do that now because my husband wouldn't like that I don't think...............LOL

I also go to the gym and I know not everyone is interested in doing that but there are classes and I think that would be an opportunity to socialize a bit. I have a few friends at the gym that I chat with.

Good luck on the adventure!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Success on all 3 today!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Jan 18th & 19th - Sick

That's like 6 passes for me, but I'm still hanging around.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Quick yes x 3 here.
  • Fife24
    Fife24 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Date: January 19
    Exercised?: No.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
    Pass Day #3

Just didn’t make time for any sustained activity today. Traveling for work this week. First time since joining the challenge. Looked up an exercise routine I can do in the hotel room. Wish me luck.
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Exercised 20 minutes? Yes
    Within calorie budget? No
    Tracked food and drink? Yes

Using my last pass day. 3/3
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Love reading everyone's posts
    Heavy weightlifting and then dog walking today
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    January 19
    Exercised?: YES, 45 min brisk walk, 8k
    Tracked?: YES
    Calories?: YES, concentrated on eating just brunch & dinner, both healthy, no snacking in-between, had yummy mixed berries & ice cream (only 1/4 cup, normally have whipped cream, but we were out of it)
    Water - 80 oz: YES
    AF: YES (11/19 days)
    Passes Used: 2/3

Today was a good day overall, watched some football, got my walk in, did some cooking, and just general house cleaning. I was really tired by the time I went to bed, and slept really well.

Ready to conquer another day!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - those are all good suggestions. I needed a plan and you have given me much needed tools. I’m new to this state. I’m going to look into some groups/programs around here and try to meet some like minded people. I will also suggest more active socializing with those I do know. Who knows, maybe they are having the same difficulties I am. I didn’t say anything about my preferences. Maybe they are feeling the same and didn’t say anything either. We seem to be so conditioned to socializing with food and alcohol. Thank you for sharing. I was really down last night.

Dear @readyornot1234

You are MOST welcome. I believe there is an epidemic of loneliness. By joining & creating groups...we can begin to combat this.

Also, I find folks always say yes when I contact them or ask them to do something, but they don’t reciprocate. This Really bummed me out, but I persevered. And one by one they’ve talked about how much they enjoy our chats, how busy & stressed they are.

I decided not to expect reciprocity and to just keep initiating!

I’m pondering beginning a book club, but they all seem to include dinner... still pondering

LoL

We WILL be successful in solving this issue.

Best,
    Maddie
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, now that that is out there! LOL!
    Exercise - yes, if you count jumping up and down off the couch for 3 hours! No really, I did work out before the game!
    Log - Yes I did log
    Under - No, it was Game Day!!
    And did I mention THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!
    Jan. 19