Sunday January 5

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member

Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• steplinn398
    Options
    Great photo Lee

Misting here is morning so made an extra pot of coffee before we head out for our walk. Hope it clears off.

We decided we are going to Europe after we visit family this summer. May or may not come back to PR. So now begins the planning of how and where. Need to research weather as we do not want hard core winter.

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Morning~

What a night of WC Playoff Football! WOW!

Looking forward to two equally good matches today.

Nice dinner out with our friend, DW, DMIL last night.

Europe will be a great experience, Steph! Good for you for the boldness to do what you want/when you want!

Nice photo, Doc!

Lou? Did you get Cecilia some cockroach killer boots yet? Inquiring minds.

~Skip
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Maddie has her cowboy boot! Our House guest overnite, her people had a 3 game middleschool girls basketball tournament to attend. I'm glad they take Maddie girl being home alone too long into consideration. I'm happy to have her here!

Steph, anything specific changing your mind about making PR your permanent res?

Nice scene, Lee!

Raine, whens move in day?

Stay warm in GA guys brrrrr 30s last night?

Happy Sunday! Gonna be a long week back in office all 5 days.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    s98mk4x30akg.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

We took our 4-year old grandson on a very muddy hike, yesterday - two miles through wetlands and old-growth forest. He had a blast.

Love starting my day with a good pooch photo.

Playoff football is always fun. I'll be glued to the TV this afternoon, after church. Go Seahawks!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Posted that picture from as I was sitting in the blind. Couldn't tell how well it came out. Unfortunately, that fog got worse and no geese flew yesterday afternoon. Its a lot of work setting out the 150 or so decoys and then covering the layout blinds with corn stubble and I had been up since 4 am. I think I took a nap after taking that photo. There were 4 other guys keeping an eye out while talking. I woke up when they started calling because they "thought" they heard some geese. I was instantly ready. It always reminds me of my days at Ft Benning infantry training living in a fox hole for 3 days.

Maddie is such a cutie.

I think TB12 will retire.

4 yr olds love the mud, LOL.

Me thinks you'll like Ireland, Steph. Mild weather, scenic, bike friendly, great beer culture. But it might be tough to learn how to speak and understand Irish.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I made my first meal at the new place this morning; egg white omelet and toast. And the living room furniture is all set up, so I was able to eat in front of the TV like a grown-up!

I have all my salad fixins bought and am ready to start eating like a responsible adult again. Not that having burgers or tacos every other meal is a bad thing...

3m1ubz47sejr.jpg
  • steplinn398
    Options
    Glad you got a muddy hike in Dave. I'm doing an online challenge to get in 2020 walking miles this year. Will be a stretch but maybe. Averages 5-6 miles a day.

Never really planned to be in PR year round but we did always think we would winter here. Now think we might like to try some other stuff first. We travel light so other than getting rid of the car and donating a few things we think we can get to our new osprey backpacks only and send one bag back to Dad's.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Steph, that’s light traveling!!i think I’d like Ireland. I love your adventures

We made it to church today. We weren’t asked to sign the guest register so that’s a good thing . Ha.

Made chili and potato soup. Everyone is happy.

I got the first floor of the house allcjeaved. Need to get upstairs next

Lee, the hunting sounds like a good time.

Lou, nice setup

Dave, kids love mud!!

Mary, cute dog.

Have a great Sunday!!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon BBB friends.
    • Looking good Lou.
    • A couple of good football games yesterday. Looking forward to a couple more today.
    • If TB12 returns it will be for the love of he game. He sure doesn't need the money.
    • If I were going to Europe to live (even temporarily) Greece, Spain and Portugal would be high on my list, close to water. Affordable and great climates. Add the Azores to the list.
    • Tell Maddie that Emma said woof!
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon BBB.
    Friends passing through so we had dinner with them last night and breakfast this morning - I don't remember the last time I had breakfast out - it was quite nice.
    Hoping to move ion by the end of the month. The house is really shaping up.
    Lee - love the pic. I have never hunted but I would run my dog for friends that hunted and I love the scenery.
    Dennis - what mounting bracket did you get for your GPS?
    Mary - love the Maddie pic.
    Lou - nice setup
    Lisa - I've been. enjoying your FB pic posts.
    Steph - what are you thinking of doing instead of PR?
    Kelly - I used to wear bifocal contacts - distance vision was super - I had to wear readers for close up. I now don't wear contacts and instead put on glasses for distance. Nice change of pace.
    David - sorry Rita has to go through more tests. I don't blame her for being worried. She has been through a lot.
    Bill - so nice you have had time with your visiting friend.
    Do good out there everyone.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    roddyzf3a0hi.jpeg
    qmg6t3yszljd.jpeg
    mud7meiaa4rj.jpeg
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Lou - nice setup! Good for you for eating salad in front of the Cartoon Network (we don't judge) :)

Raine - looking awesome! I bet you're both getting excited!

Football yesterday and today have been spectacular games!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Raine, it's a Ram Mount that utilizes the stock mirror mount hole. As you know the Street Glide has it's mirrors on the fairing so it works well.

The house pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. I love the pavers.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Great pictures
    Steph, sounds great trapping across Europe
    Lou, condo too clean to look lived in
    Dave, reminded me of small boy at church this morning jumping in middle of puddle while mother trying to get him without getting wet herself; my son has always loved mud and he's in 30's
    Raine, looking good; a week if they push
    Maddie looks so cute, five day work weeks beat six day work
    Never enjoyed staying in field while in Army
    She's back!
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    LMAO, Sam: "....she's back."

Sadly, mine never leaves.

Perpetual purgatory.