Measurements 18/08

Options
katieuk
katieuk Posts: 304 Member
Hi All,

Sorry about not posting yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself having indulged all weekend since leaving work Fri evening (time of the month) :-(

Back on it now though - but not impressed with the measures (it is time of the month though - are measures always going to fall on my time of the month now hhmmmm!! I may have to push next months on a week to avoid the bloated disappointment)- need to step it up (mainly with my nutrition):

Belly - 81.5cm / 32"
Waist - 75cm / 29.5"
Hips - 101cm / 39.8"
Saddlebags - 102cm / 40.2"
Chest - 90.5cm / 35.6" (wore a different sports bra to last time and this one proper boosts the bosom so not sure how accurate this is)
Thighs - 53cm / 20.9"

Difference in 28 days:

Belly = - 3.5cm / - 1.4"
Waist = + 0.5cm / + 0.2"
Hips = + 2cm / + 0.8"
Saddlebags = - 2cm / - 0.8"
Chest = + 3.5cm / + 1.4"
Thighs = - 2cm / - 0.8"

I haven't done so bad... gained in 3 areas and lost in 3 areas!! The main area for me at the moment are my hips and saddlebags and I gained in one area and lost in the other!! However, my 28 day goal was to lose 1" from my saddlebags and I have lost 0.8" so I am happy with that since this area of my body is the hardest to lost from.

So because of my TOM and probably the above figures being a little less accurate then when it is not TOM - I am going to push measures forward a week for next week so the next measurement date for me will be 22 September 2013.

Look forward to seeing everyones results... I shall post another 28 day goal shortly!!

Replies

• SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the progress in diminishing your saddle bags, Katie!

I SOOO know what you mean about TOM. I have a hard time staying under my TDEE, never mind eating at a deficit. I just get so hungry. I've pretty much decided I'm going to eat at TDEE for that week every month.

July 21 measures:

Waist - 32.5"/82.5 cm
    Belly - 35"/89 cm
    Hips - 37"/94 cm
    Thighs - 19.5"/49.5 cm
    Bust - 39.5"/100 cm
    Weight 144 lbs

August 18 measures:

Waist - 32"/81.3cm (-.5")
    Belly - 34"/86.4 cm (-1")
    Hips - 36.5"/92.7 cm (-.5")
    Thighs - 19.5"/49.5 cm - no change
    Bust - 39.5/100 cm - no change
    Weight - 141.4 lbs (- 2.6 lbs)

2" lost total! I was really impressed with the 1 inch loss on my belly, which I attribute to the swimming. I've worked all year to lose three inches off my belly, and I knocked of a whole inch in the last month! I hope I don't fluff back out after the pool closes at the beginning of September. I want to start C25K but I'm going to wait until the temperature drops under 100F to start, which will probably be at the end of September. There's a color run in November I think I can talk my daughter into doing with me.
  • katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss that's amazing!!

I totally agree that swimming definitely flattens the stomach... I incorporated swimming into my routine twice a week a few weeks back and my stomach was flat by the end of two weeks and I mean really flat!! I stopped the swimming and started doing my usual classes in between my run and the paunch (at the lower part of the belly) came back!! It is definitely swimming that helps the stomach. I am going to try and swim twice a week from now on again in between my running ... :-)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Good job girls!

I am excited to do measurements Friday! Even though the dreaded Tom decided to visit early. :sad: Looks like me and you are on the same page Katie! But I do believe my measurements have improved just by the way my body looks and my clothes fit, can't wait to see the proof in the numbers.

Solanum I have been using the Zombie version of the 5k trainer and even though it cost a bit more on my iPhone for the app, it really is a blast. And it uses a bit of a different interval training that hasn't been causing me to get sick like I was in the past.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I was down to 172.2, but TOM has that up to 173 today. My measurements were not bad at all though.

Last Month~This Month~Variance
    Weight: 176.5~172.2~ -4.3
    Body Fat: 37.8% ~ 37.2% ~ -0.6%

Neck: 14inch~13.5inch~ -0.5
    Waist: 33.5inch ~ 32.75inch ~ -0.75inch
    Hips: 40.5inch ~ 41inch ~ +0.5inch :sad:
    Biceps (both):15.25inch ~ 15inch ~ -0.25 x 2 = -0.5 inches total
    Thighs (both): 27.25inch ~ 26.75inch ~ -0.5inch X 2 = -1.0inches total
    Bust: 40.75inch ~ 40.25inch ~ -0.5inch:sad:
    Tummy: 38.25inch ~ 36.75inch ~ -1.5inch!!!!:noway: :bigsmile:
    Forearm: 10.75inch ~ 10.5 inch ~ -0.25inch X 2 = -0.5inch

Total inches lost = 4.75!
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress PBsMommy! Woo hoo! That's the kind of progress that makes me want to go lift heavy things.

Good to know you experienced similar success with the swimming, Katie. I'm just waiting to see if the government sequester continues past the end of the fiscal year, because if they can pass a budget and stop furloughing us government worker bees, I am hoping to be able to spend the money to join the Y where they have an indoor pool and a weight room. (I haven't checked it out yet to see if they have a squat rack)