Hello all

Options
shygal617
shygal617 Posts: 7 Member
I'll hey right to the point. I have sjogren's, hashimoto's and pcos. I know, joy😐. I've been looking for a diet that won't hurt my wallet but will help at the same time.

I'm on disability since I had a stroke which gave me ptsd, anxiety disorder and brain damage, so money is a little tight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to the group. I just joined the group, too.

Sorry to hear about your AI disorders. Many people believe that diet is really key in combating autoimmune disorders. Prioritizing diet is important. Cooking at home versus going out to eat (if you do that) is one way to save money and also focus on cleaner eating. Learning how to cook well can also save money.
  • rebbecat1101
    rebbecat1101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashimoto's and now have been diagnosed autoimmune hepatitis (liver). I am new to using diet to maintain/heal but after reading a bit, can see why it is so important. What I have read so far all points to staying away from processed foods and chemicals/additives. For me, that means that I will be making a lot of my foods homemade...which is actually cheaper than buying boxed convenience items. Also, I am finding that we should aim for nutrients that support our digestive system as everything is linked. Thyroid needs selenium, iodine, magnesium, B6 and B12, and D3. I am taking supplements for these but also trying to get them in my foods. Hope this is a bit helpful to you. I am also looking for more info in these so please share any tips you have. :o)
  • asutton3377
    asutton3377 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lupus, sjogrens, PCOS, and hashimotos and went on a low FODMAP diet a year ago and it has reduced the frequency and time between flare-ups and I generally feel a ton better, particularly with gastrointestinal issues. It's a low inflammation diet and is just reducing types of food and doesn't require any special food.