February 18 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Sho'nuf. 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Within my calorie budget? Yessir.

Tracked everything? Yes ma'am.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Fongyi3 The imaginary world of MFP future weight loss does not exist on this planet!
  • 7Liana7
    7Liana7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes to all three with some energy to spare. 😁
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Intentional pass day today
    Once in awhile, it’s an okay thing to do
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - exhausting leg workout this morning followed by an hour of Pickleball.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, exercise calories are the best :).
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @Fongyi3
    You may be struggling because you selected too aggressive of a loss goal. Try a lower goal, like 1 lb or .5 lb a week. That will give you a higher base calorie amount.

Also, if you are using MFP as designed*, you are supposed to eat the calories to cover any exercise you do.

* As designed:
    (1) You entered your basic stats.
    (2) You selected an activity level based on your everyday life before intentional exercise. For example, sedentary/very little activity for an ambulatory person would be a desk job and little or no daily living chores. A desk worker who comes home and cares for kids, cleans, does laundry, goes grocery shopping, etc will generally by lightly active or even active.
    (3) You selected a weight loss goal that isn't too aggressive.
    (4) You enter intentional exercise and eat the calories burned by that exercise. Because often the burns are inflated, many people start by eating half and monitoring weight loss.**
    (5) You understand that weight loss is not linear and that the scale is also measuring water weight, undigested food, etc. A weight trend app is a great way to see what is happening over time.

**This is slightly different if using an exercise tracker, which I can explain if you are.

Hope that helps.
  • WorkMyGoals
    WorkMyGoals Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ✅ 1. 30 mins calisthenics
    ✅ 2. 1008 / 1460 cals eaten + 445 burned = 897 deficit
    ✅ 3. Tracked 💯 %

Some days I just don’t feel like leaving my apartment to go to the gym. Today it was raining all day and when I got home I just wanted to curl up and hunker down. I did sit-ups and stuff for half hour but that’s it.

A good friend of mine called tonight to tell me he wants to give me his Total Gym XLS with ALL the attachments and he’ll even come drop it off this weekend. No More Skipping the gym!!

Used my 3 passes on 2/4, 2/9, and 2/10
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Pass day, tracked-but over- still below tdee which is a plus , exercise yes
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Yes, no point giving up now, we're half way there!
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min leslie sansone, 60 min walk around Wymondham Uk
    Tracking yes calories yes
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3x’s yes- I’m almost embarrassed to say 4hrs of exercise- it makes me look a little crazy!
    But I’m trying out a new gym so I took an hour athletic ability class there. And I didn’t want to skip my regular Pilates class because it’s a small group and we are learning, so each week we are expanding on the previous week. So of course I HAD to go.
    Lol and then I was already AT the gym so it seemed silly not to stay for spin. Boom I spent 3hrs exercising before 9:30am.
    Lol I stiffened up sitting at my (home) desk the rest of the day and started thinking too hard about dinner way too early. Why not go to a kickboxing class and get some movement. Kept me out of the kitchen!

And that is how I became a crazy exercise person....

And yes I ate at the very top of my calories!!!
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    February 18
    Yes X 3

Thanks for the reminder.@RangerRickL I'm at 4 pass days now. I didn't post the last couple days thinking why bother but so glad I posted for today. This month is harder than I thought it would be. Reflecting back I guess I thought I could just jump back in make the winners circle and all is good. The reality especially this time if the year is it's not easy.

Good post for today. This was exactly what I needed.😉
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (only 40 min on treadmill at gym, but hubby came with me...YAY!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Out of the race but NOT quitting!!! :)
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 (2-18-20)
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!