Options
itzaboutme
itzaboutme Posts: 14 Member
Hi I'm Cali. I've struggled with my weight since i got pregnant --26 years ago. I turn 50 this year and am worried about my health. I am just over 300 pounds with a goal of 175. I have tried many diets, and have had success only to gain it all back again, and more. This time needs to be different. I need to be healthy. I am looking to give and receive
support, advice, motivation, and menu and recipe ideas.

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cali. I hope you find the support you need here. Things have slowed a lot since creation of this group, but I find a number of our original group, like me have fallen off the wagon and left a big divot when we hit. We undoubtedly have someone here who will know your pains and challenges. Be active, ask questions if you have them. The best advice I can offer is find an eating plan you can LIVE with. It is when we go back to old habits that we get the same old results.

• emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi Cali,

Welcome! I agree with everything above, being another of the "returnees" to this group. The "way of eating you can live with" piece is key, since it's too easy to find excuses to fall off the wagon when life inevitably hands us bumps in the road and we're trying to work plans that are too restrictive or complicated. We are all here to help one another, and while the group is small, I've always found it to be helpful. Good luck! <3
  • Daynacrd
    Daynacrd Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    HI CALI - welcome - it's a wonderful resource for support - I'm with ya !!