new here, day 3 phentermine

Options
Jess2k4
Jess2k4 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone!

My weight has always fluctuated since middle school, I am now 34 and was officially 198 lbs at the doctor on Friday. in the last 1.5 years I gained 25-30 lbs in nursing school (with 3 kids and working part time nights)... I just lost control. In August until now I've worked out 3-4 times a week. While I saw redistribution of fat, I did not see the scale move (besides up). I had a nursing coworker who tried Qysmia (spelling?) which is a mix of phentermine and topamax. instead of paying the 100 dollars a month for the brand name, she got two separate prescriptions for much less money. She has had great results, so I went in to the doc who agreed to put me on it due to the fact that my blood pressure has been high and I'm having negative effects of the weight gain. I'm 5'4 and 200 lbs. I look and feel good when I'm in the 160-170 area (and have actually never been lower than that in my adult life).

After getting the phentermine and topamax prescriptions, I did not feel comfortable taking the topamax due to all the heavy side effects. I took it for one night and then decided to wait on it. Right now I'm just taking half a 37.5 phentermine pill, which wears off badly in the evening. I just emailed my doc to see if I can take a full 37.5 split in two, one in the morning, one in the afternoon.

The biggest side effects I'm having right now are dry mouth and irritability. It reminds me a lot of being on adderall, minus the burst of energy and "good" euphoric feelings. I can deal with these side effects for a few months in order to get down to a healthy BMI.

I also have bipolar disorder so it makes things a bit more complicated taking a stimulant. I'm well educated on bipolar, so I know what to watch out for.