Did your hip structure change at all?

Options
Hello! This is my first pregnancy so everything is super new and foreign to me.
Those of you that have gone through it, did your hips change at all?
I don't mean extra padding, weight gain, etc. I'm talking the structure of the bones themselves. Did your hips get wider? Did you notice, if you made it back down to pre pregnancy weight, that your clothes fit differently and your measurements were different?

It doesn't really matter either way. I'm fine with my body the way it is right now. I just thought it would be kinda cool if I could expect to have a little bit more of a "shape", because I don't really have a waist even at a healthy weight. It's just kinda up and down.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I feel like my hips got smaller, maybe because I lost so much fat and got really low in weight, likely nothing to do with my bone structure. I had to build up muscle to give myself curves again. But I feel my body looks better after having kids.
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don’t think so. But my hips have always been wide.
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    No change here.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Yes my hips are wider, and they are screwed up. Really tight and unbalanced hip flexors on the sides. I need to do mobility exercises. But they really got wider more after my second than 1st.

That being said. After my 1st child I lost weight and was 18 lb lighter than I was before getting pregnant. However despite being 18lbs lighter, my favourite skinny jeans no longer fit in the hip. So I definitely widened even with my first... and more with my second. I'm not sure how much more though since I am still carrying extra fat this time around. Working on losing it now... i will try the pants on again when I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (working on it now, 15 to go)