JTH11706 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

I felt well enough this morning to want some fresh air, so I decided a bike ride would be the way to go out without coming in contact with anyone. Not even a mile in I got a flat and had to return, which was a good thing because I was exhausted by the time I got back. All good, though. I am pretty sure it's just a cold and with everything cancelled I've got nothing but time on my hands to rest. Hope everyone else is fine.

@cpanus - good to hear from you. Who knew fitbit doesn't work with a walker? Keep up the good work.

@kar328 - that's tough about the gym. Mine did the same thing, first cancelling class then closing completely. If anyone has the willpower to keep up a workout routine it is you.

@vhuber - @clepant is offering miles if you need them. Don't overdo it (not that you know how to take it easy LOL).
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Uh oh.....I came in here to see if there were any miles to update since yesterday afternoon and there are not. I hope everyone is hanging in there! Take care and be safe. I'll check on ya'll again tomorrow.

Dave
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Well schools in Montana are closed now for two weeks & then they will reevaluate the situation!
    I AM getting better!! I just have this tickly cough & feel tuckered out after only 20 minutes or so of exercising. I am ok being socially distanced from others out here on the farm & I do not need a gym or another person to make me move my @ss but obviously some do. People just NEED to stay home or away from others as much as possible. I told my fitness class last night that once it is confirmed in our county we are DONE till this passes through! How long that will take, don't know but I am not well enough to take on something like COVID-19 right now!!
    Today is my rest day but yesterday was 3 miles of stepping! I shoveled & shoveled & led a stations class that had lots of stepping in it! My fitbit read 13,000 some steps & I torched the calories! So between those I grabbed 3 miles out of it!! Its COLD here (which makes me cough) and have received snow the past two days! Soooooo over winter!

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

I felt well enough this morning to want some fresh air, so I decided a bike ride would be the way to go out without coming in contact with anyone. Not even a mile in I got a flat and had to return, which was a good thing because I was exhausted by the time I got back. All good, though. I am pretty sure it's just a cold and with everything cancelled I've got nothing but time on my hands to rest. Hope everyone else is fine.

@cpanus - good to hear from you. Who knew fitbit doesn't work with a walker? Keep up the good work.

@kar328 - that's tough about the gym. Mine did the same thing, first cancelling class then closing completely. If anyone has the willpower to keep up a workout routine it is you.

@vhuber - @clepant is offering miles if you need them. Don't overdo it (not that you know how to take it easy LOL).

Thanks but I think I'll make it! Only thing that will stop me is COVID-19!!!
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    3/13-3/15 = 8.73

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    3/16
    30.02 miles
    479.42 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well despite the disaster that is upon us. I did lots of yard work today. We are hungering down. I may hit my dad’s house a day to get some things thrown out but my hubby is at risk with Alpha One. Sadly, he will need his infusion at the hospital every Friday to help protect his lungs. We are trusting God to keep us safe for there is nothing that He cannot do.
    @vhuber: I feel for all medical personnel. My hubby’s daughter is an ER Trauma nurse, so she will be in the trenches. My husband’s SIL is a pulmonary physician so he will be as well.
    March 15 and 16: Adding 3 bike miles Sunday and 11.75 bike miles today with 3.5 walking miles for 14.25 miles
    TTD: 177.75 miles

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    Options
    Yeah I think hunkering down is for the best!!!
    I did go out for a 1 mile walk with my Georgie after dinner tonight! It was 17* out but then there was wind! I was dressed for it but it was to damn cold to be outside!

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    2.6 miles walking/running outside. My new Tuesday treadmill. Didn't listen to music, kind of peaceful.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Options
    Went for a shortish walk this morning just to get some fresh air. Still have a cold so I'm staying away from people.
    I'm at 35/75.
  • darkrider42
    edited March 2020
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

CONGRATS on GOAL to @CLEPANT! :star:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all healthcare workers right now. :heart:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    3/17
    33.73 miles
    513.15 miles MTD
    **** please give all my extra miles to anyone that is in need...
    be it their own medical or if they are caring for anyone else ....
    we are here for you, so you can be there for them ....💕😊
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sorry I havent been on here in a while. It's been a hard couple weeks. I haven't been keeping track of anything but have, shockingly, lost a little weight. Two weeks ago tomorrow my 16-1/2-year-old cat got very sick. She ended up needing an enema because she was constipated. I could tell she wasn't well at all. After the enema until Friday morning she was very lethargic and laid on the bed, not eating or drinking, and would only urinate a couple times, the last time on the bed. We took her back to the emergency vet, and they took blood tests and did an ultrasound. She had large, misshapen kidneys and a couple nodules, very elevated white count and elevated kidney function tests. We made the heartbreaking decision to put her down, as we knew she wouldn't recover from this. It's been devastating, so we spent a weekend rearranging the house and doing a deep cleaning. She had a very good life for 16-1/2 years! We're going to take a break from a pet for a while.

Then last week coronavirus came. My family has been healthy. My sister has had a bad flu/body aches for a couple weeks. Based on her symptoms, they say it's not coronavirus. She's still miserable, though. The only good thing about this pandemic is that it's distracting me from the grief over my cat's death.

I hope you all are staying healthy!!

I plan on calculating my miles so far, but with not being able to get to the gym to bike because of social distancing and the weather not being warm enough for me to desire to bike outside, there's no way I'm getting 200 miles in. I'll just plod on. :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

CONGRATS on GOAL to @CLEPANT! :star:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all healthcare workers right now. :heart:

Thanks Dave. Right now it's a constantly changing thing, the emails with updates are piling up in my work email. And trying to keep sick patients from showing up for a doctor's appt for something unrelated, or bringing their sick spouse, friend, kid. we're not overrun with common sense.

@lamlamsmakeover I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a relatively new cat momma and I've become very attached. And worry easily.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Adding 13 miles for 13 out of 150.

Adding 16 miles for 29 out of 150.

Adding 21 miles for 50 out of 150.

Adding 12 miles for 62 out of 150

Adding 12 miles for 74 out of 150.

Adding 12 miles for 86 out of 150

Adding 21 miles for 107 out of 150.

Adding 13 miles for 120 out of 150.

Adding 15 miles for 138 out of 150.

Adding 11 miles for 149 out of 150.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The ski trip that almost was. My son works at Mt Bachelor Ski Resort in Oregon. After weeks of planning, purchasing winter gear etc, I left Saturday morning for the 200 mile drive to Bend Oregon. I got into town, drove up to Bachelor, picked up my son from work and headed to the hotel for the planning of our ski adventure. Note neither of us have ever been on skis before. Well 2 hours into the planning on the 14th he gets an e-mail telling employees that Bachelor will close for 7 days effective immediately. So sadly my ski adventure got scrapped and hopefully I can get a refund for my lessons that were scheduled the 15th and 16th. But one of the ski shops in town loaned us some snowshoes so we hiked around Pilot Butte in deep snow for 2 sessions in the snowstorm, temp around 19 degrees. If they reopen I may try to take another trip over to finish what I started.

03/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    03/13 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    03/14 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 326.0 miles

03/15 - 2.0 miles snowshoe trek
    03/16 - 2.0 miles snowshoe trek

Total: 330.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @lamlamsmakeover , so sorry for your loss! I lost dogs & its tough. I now have 1 dog & ((2)) house cats. The cats are recent additions & I am getting use to their quirky ways! I look forward to summer when they can be outside on the farm more often!
    @anaconda469, ohhh that stinks!! I hope you get reimbursed! I'm sure lots of people are being shut off on other events too! It comes with "trying" to keep this virus from moving like it did in China!

Well we are still doing fitness class! We will until it hits our county. We wipe down mats & weights & stand 6 feet from the other. We are in a school gym so we have the room.
    Actually got a nice day with bright sunshine!! Sunshine makes me human!!!
    I moved my @ss all day. Jockeyed freezer supplies at the school & CLEANED & BLEACHED my house! Then lead fitness class! 2 miles today!

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @anaconda469 : So sorry for all your wonderful plans going down hill...no pun intended. Being healthy and well is more important.Glad you got some snow showing in...a good workout for sure.
    @Kar: I called my PCP office today to cancel my annual physical that was scheduled for next week. I thought they would be glad and the girl gave me a lot of chastising on how the office was safe and that they were not seeing “Any” sick patients. Insisting I should come in because it was safe. I was appalled that they would want a healthy individual in senior age group to show up in a huge facility that house urgent care and all kinds of specialty office for an annual physical. I know they are losing money, but is it worth a life?
    @lamlamsmakeover: I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet cat. It is not easy saying goodbye to our fur family. You had her a long time and it is such a difficult decision to let them go. Know that you did the best for her and did not want her to suffer. have a dog that is pushing 16 and that day is not long away. Please know that your cat was blessed to have someone love and care for her and that you made a difference in her life because of it. My prayers are with you.

As Lovemyalex said....my extra miles are for anyone that would need them this month. Stay well folks.
    March 17: Adding 14 miles of walking 1 mile and cycling 13 miles.
    TTD: 191.75 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,195 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    3/14 5 miles
    3/15 8.75 miles
    3/16 0
    3/17 4.75 miles

As of 3/17 113.75 miles of 175 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    edited March 2020
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@LAMLAMSMAKEOVER - So sorry to hear about your cat!! That is hard to go through...but it was the loving thing to do. :flowerforyou:

But for you and everyone else...I'm completely fine with adjusting your goal distance you're shooting for in light of all the things going on with the Coronavirus! Gyms and all sorts fitness centers are being closed nationwide and between that and self-quarantining, that may affect many people's plans for this month.

@KAR328 - I can't even imagine. People are so ignorant sometimes.

@ANACONDA469 - Sorry your ski trip was canceled!! But it's good to see that you were able to salvage the trip and find something else to do!

@CLEPANT - My dental office was proactive and they are not seeing anybody for anything routine. Only urgent issues. I'm surprised your PCP isn't following the same protocol.

Stay safe and healthy!
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.