Best Fitbit for 2020?

Options
markamcneil
markamcneil Posts: 2 Member
I'm halfway to my goal. I'm looking for a FitBit geared to overall health. I like the idea of fitness, but my ability is limited - and listed as Not Very Active. So I have focussed on doing what I can do, and reducing portion sizing, no sugar, no charred meat, no alcohol. What do you think? Versa 2? Ionic ? Charge 3? Any suggestions would help. Would like all: heart functions (Rate, BP, O2)?, waterproof (Swimming)...

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't offer blood pressure tracking. I have read that Fitbit is offering estimated oxygen variation for some Versa users (it is rolling out in stages), but that it isn't very detailed. All offer heart rate tracking.

The Charge 3, Inspire, Versa, Ionic, and Flex 2 are all -- I believe -- waterproof (obviously you'll want to double-check that).
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have had the Charge 2 for more than 2 years now, and I really like it but am looking to buy a new one as this one is old and bit outdated/slow now. I came across this article in my initial serach which might help you out!

https://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/best-fitbit-which-is-right-for-you-1322700

I think overall FitBit makes really great trackers, so it mostly comes down to how much you want to spend!

Another non-exercise related thing to focus on is sleep. I think most FitBit models track your sleep (hours, how deep the sleep was [REM, light, deep, awake] - although I find the phases of sleep to be not-super-accurate all the time), and they offer you tips and insights based on your sleeping patterns and how you compare to people your age/gender. Good sleep is supremely important for a healthy weight, or so I have read!