Whats on the menu this week

annie5904
annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
I am cooking beef for oh. for tomorrow and tuesday. So i will probably make bolognaise for me. Then at my sons Tued😃say so not sure what his partner will make. Wed I get back at 7pm so prob just fish chips and peas or salad. Thusday vegan paella. Friday probably a thai red curry. That usually lasts 2 days. Sunday I think a big veg casserole or a moroccan tagine. As i am doing intermittent fasting lunches will be sa!ads with jkt potatoes or just vegan tart and salad. Snacks will be fruit and nuts. Hopefully no pudding so i can have a good loss😇

Replies

• bethan0mae
    bethan0mae Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sounds yum! Will you make or buy the tart?

I have a cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, and some Brussel sprouts in the pantry that need using - going to roast these and make a big batch of soup with spices and some coconut milk. Probably some sourdough on the side.

I have some soy burger patties in the freezer too so thinking of breaking those up and using as mince in a burrito bowl with peppers, sweetcorn, tomato, avocado, and brown rice. 😋

I'm also just having the last few portions of a lentil dhal I made (recipe from Madeleine Olivia) with some broccoli and brown rice. Not sure what else, but that should make 8 meals in total!

Dessert for me is usually dark chocolate, or dates with some almond butter and a piece of dark chocolate. Breakfast is typically a green protein smoothie, flax oats with yoghurt and blueberries, or sweet or savoury toast. 😋
  • annie5904
    Sound delish. Will buy the tart as I make most things. O h has become flexitarian so that makes life easier. I like to try new recipes as i get bored with the same things. There is a yup its vegan one pot creamy tagiatelli recipe i will do later in the week and add peas or brocolli. So easy on a busy day. I like the Happy pear and have just discovered Bosh. I ve never used tempeh...have you?
  • bethan0mae
    bethan0mae Posts: 21 Member
    Sounds good to me! I recently bought a rainbow veg tart from M&S's Plant Kitchen range - really really good! Do you have a recipe for the tagliatelle, or do you wing it?

I follow Happy Pear on IG and got two of the Bosh cookbooks for Christmas - they're fantastic, tho not very MFP-friendly. I think they've recently brought out a leaner cookbook that I'd love to get someday.

I actually lived in Australia for a year and tempeh is pretty popular there! I think because it's so close and has such a large SE Asian community. I really like it, it's very dense and almost has a nutty flavour! I'm sad it's not so popular here (tho I think that's changing these days) and managed to find some here recently in a bigger Tesco by the brand Tofoo - I sauteed it in Cajun spices to eat on top of a bean chilli, but it's great for baking too. It's a lot higher in calories than tofu, which I tend to use as an easy protein source, but I love the texture and flavour a lot more.
  • methodman78
    methodman78 Posts: 126 Member
    This week has been a mix of easy meals and some effort meals

I'm only cooking for one but cook for 2/3/4 so its easier the next day and then the freezer gets filled, but when I cook for youtube (happy to share recipes) its a pain in the *kitten* to then cook myself dinner, so trying to cook something I can eat straight away, however i plan the week out as far as possible

M
    Oats & Fruit - home-made Fake & Ale Pie with veg - HM hummus and dipping veg
    T
    Peanut butter & Banana sandwhich - HM hummus and salad wrap - homemade pizza
    W
    Oats & Fruit - Cottage Pie - Seitan & Veg Tortilla
    T
    Oats & Fruit - Budda Bowl - Tofu & Chickpea Curry
    F
    Fruit - Tofu & Chickpea Curry - bottle of wine and regret life choices ;)

Saturday is shopping and research day, so start again and find some new shizzle to make and although not quite 100% wholefood, there's no ready meals above :)

Sunday is batch cooking day, sofa surfing and wishing i could pop to tescos for a meal deal
  • annie5904
    All sounds great especially the wine...look forward, not back
    This is making me plan which is more important in the present situation
    Cant put breakfast as I only seem to be deciding day by day as trying to do 16/8

M
    Stuffed pepper and salad...vegan root veg and red lentil tagine
    T
    Celery and garlic soup and slice of bread...tagine as above
    W
    Mushroom soup and slice of bread...sag aloo and flat bread
    T
    Huge salad with potato salad..leek and bean chilli with rice
    F
    Cauliflower cheese..red thai curry with sweet potato and chickpeas ,home made flat bread
    S
    Leek and potato soup, slice of bread...tagietelle alfredo with veg
    S
    Vegetable bake and wedges
    All homemade except veg bake.Everyone deserves a day of and a few wines
  • annie5904
    PS Had lemon cous cous with tagine