April 2 Sign in

Options
13»

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83, praying you feel better soon and your test is negative!

Pass day for me today. Logged everything but didn't get exercise in.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,018 Member
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    3 x’s yes! Good on calories but it’s so hard, I’m just used to being more active and eating to fuel 2-3hrs in the gym per day. I’m hungry😕
    I’m up to 2.5 miles running which I’m happy with since I’ve always defined myself as “not a runner”. Plus 20 minutes of abs. Spent most of the day outside raking and mulching. I need to push myself with my home workouts a bit more and maybe add in afternoon walk.

@lalabank
    I know how settling this can be. But having seen your posts & huge success here in MFP for a long time, I KNOW you will adapt & iteratively problem solve until you find a new solution.

In case it helps, I find the types of foods I eat have the most impact on eliminating my hunger or amping it up. Took me a long while to figure that out.

I’m rooting for you!!
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Exercised 20 minutes? Yes did 2 1/2 hours of housework
    Stayed within my calorie budget? Yes
    Logged all food and drink? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I made it again! And this is a surprise for me.

Exercise: 2 walks around the back yard for a total of 40 out of 20 minutes.

Logged: all the things.

Under goal? Waaaaaay Much.

So I came home from work yesterday completely under the weather with enough COVID symptoms to raise my hair

Woke up with a fever and the symptoms I had yesterday at 6:30 this morning; headache, low grade fever, body aches, chills and sore throat.

Called my PCP. They are part of the UNC (University of North Carolina) group, as is where I work. I was given the coronavirus help care line to call, which I did. Immediately put on a 14 day quarantine. Asked if I had questions or concerned. Told them that I worked for my local UNC healthcare hospital. Long story short? Because I'm healthcare, I was told I'd get a call, later today, to talk to a nurse. That call came 15 minutes later. I reiterated my symptoms, was asked what my role was and was told someone else would call within the next day or two to schedule me for COVID testing.

At 8:30, I phoned into our daily safety huddle. 10 minutes in, I got a call on my cell from UNC, Chapel Hill. They set me up with a testing appointment at 10am. I handled what I needed to remotely and showed up at the testing site.

So I showed up to my testing area and am greeted with a Nest-like camera at the door. I rang, stated my name, and was asked for my cell contact number. Gave it and was instructed to go back to my car to await further instructions. At this point I’m feeling like I’m living in an apocalyptic sci-fi movie. Shortly after my car-quarantine, I get a call, and register. I was told to mask if I had one, or pick one up in the intake area. I had one. I went through the door, foamed in, and waited to be called in. Under thirty seconds later, I was called into “Room 2.” I got a rapid flu and strep test. Both negative. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. The flu swab really made my eyes water, more so than previous flu tests. The COVID test sucked balls. I’m sorry, but I really felt like I needed band-aids on the backs of my eyeballs. That *kitten* hurt. I’m not gonna lie.

These wonderful UNC nurses (one was an NP) told me, after I mentioned that my anxiety was really high, that we all just needed to let it to and let God (or our personal higher power of choice) handle it because stressing would weaken the immune system. I was down with that.

They gave me a bunch of paperwork; my work note excusing me until 4/13 as well as guidelines to follow and sent me on my way.

I only cried a couple of times today, as I see our NC death toll rising. At the current time? North Carolina is reporting 2016 positive cases, which is 1,216 more cases than the amount I noted on March 28 We currently have 19 deaths in our state. I’ve been in the loop as far as work goes, in that I’ve had and made a LOT of phone calls, some of which came two bites into dinner and about three snores into a nap. It is what it is.

Y'all, please stay home and stay healthy!

@juliemouse83 It surely is like some futuristic movie. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through all this. But very happy you are getting great care! I was surprised to hear the swans hurt - I guess I’ve never had one.

I, too, feel that one of our major “jobs” right now is self-care, which to me means 1) not worrying 2) getting enough sleep/rest 3) actively remembering all that I am grateful for 4) healthy regular meals with all the habits we have practiced 5) a daily long walk/hike

Stress —> adrenaline—> kidneys
    As a kidney transplant recipient 2yr5mon, I do everything I can to lower any stressors.
    I’ll just say “kidney” to myself, take a deep breath, and shake it down my arms & out my fingertips.

As I was dealing with rapid decline of kidney function after 14 great years, I was so stressed I made myself really sick (I believe) I was crying all night long as they tested me to see if I qualified for the list. Finally at 4AM one morning, I had a realization that I HAD to learn how to manage my mind.

I am thinking of you & will be thinking of you as you heal.

🙏🏻Blessed be

And...
    My most useful quote:
    “Life is tough, my Darling, but so are YOU!”

💞
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited April 2020
    Options
    em4m8sv8e1mc.jpeg
    April 2
    All great
    💚
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    4/2/2020
    Still fighting this
    Calories way below
    Steps 10 minutes - gentle stroll
    Tracked everything
    So I’ll have to use a pass today

@MadisonMolly2017
    That’s beautiful!
    Thanks for your advice yesterday. I left you a note but I’m not sure it you get notifications if someone comments on our post. I don’t. All that stuff you say about stress is true. A lot of times it’s man made and it’s an inside job! Sending you prayers that you continue to heal my friend! 🙏
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, you are amazing ... in more ways than one!! Glad to know you! :heart:
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Pass day 1
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Just walking for exercise so kept food light and under
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options