Too much or too little calories???

Options
2»

Replies

• tallulahalice
    tallulahalice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Re the adding 200 - 300 calories during 2nd and 3rd trimester - I believe that is on top of maintenance calories (not your normal weight loss setting). That would make 1500 cals too low for most people.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I consume 2100 calories/day and eat back all of my exercise calories, as well. I have gained 8.5 pounds at 28 weeks (:

According to a book I read about pregnancy when I was pregnant with my first (sorry, I can't recall which one...), if you don't eat enough during your pregnancy, your baby will eat off of your fat deposits which can lead to some major issues down the road and the development will be considerably slower.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    How you eat during pregnancy can have life long implications for your baby. I just watched an interesting TED Talk on this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/annie_murphy_paul_what_we_learn_before_we_re_born.html

This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing :-)
  • Loseitdolly
    Loseitdolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got my first positive pregnancy test and where do I turn?? MFP! I am watching this Ted talk and it is very neat. Thanks for posting... So much to think about!

I have suffered from eating disorders in the past and just want to be SO cautious about eating enough! I am new to MFP and discovered it when I got my fitbit. I am at a healthy BMI, so I am going to really try and eat those maintenance calories.