Calibration of a Walk

Options
Talan79
Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
I’ve had my watch since early March and today I did a 20 min walk and selected a timed outdoor walk. Now every time I open the outdoor walk, it goes to a timed one. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Replies

• Talan79
    Options
    I figured it out. I can click on the three dots on the right, it lets me select open ended, timed, or distance. I walked five miles today and the 20 min in yellow is no longer there.
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    I figured it out. I can click on the three dots on the right, it lets me select open ended, timed, or distance. I walked five miles today and the 20 min in yellow is no longer there.

I've had mine for a few weeks, not really been able to use it much what with lockdown and the fact that I can work from home and never been busier! But i do have a question. If it tracks your steps anyway, why would you start a walk as an exercise? Just trying to work out the pros and cons :smile:
  • Talan79
    Options
    @fatmanthinuk Apple Watch doesn’t automatically track a exercise, but it does track steps.
    I run, so I like to track my workouts to see my time per mile and heart rate. I did the calibration for better accuracy.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,804 Member
    Options
    There are 3 rings on the watch. Stand (2 minutes during an hour as opposed to the 250 step fitbit thing) Exercise (30 minutes per day) and Move (which you can set your own goal). The watch encourages you to close all your rings daily. Starting an activity helps with both the exercise and the move goals. It does track steps but unlike fitbit that is not it's main focus. You can also change your move goal anytime you want on your watch by pressing on the 3 ring display. I started a thread here about fitbit vs watch where I put some of my initial things I figured out also.