INTROS AND SPREADSHEET.....

Options

Replies

• lali226
    lali226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Laura (Lali is my nickname) and I'm 31 years old. I recently moved to Indiana from Florida. I have a cake decorating / party services business with my mom. I’ve always been a yoyo dieter and an emotional eater, so with my recent life changes, I’ve gained a bit of weight. In addition to that, I was recently told by my doctor that I have prehypertension, so my main motivation is to be able to help control my blood pressure via healthy lifestyle choices.

I'm new to MFP and this is my very first group challenge. I’m really excited about joining and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Good luck and please feel free to send me a friend request!

Note to Pam: Thanks so much for getting this group started!
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am Tami. I am 51 and am highly motivated to lose the weight that I've gained in the past 8 months post-surgery. I am ready to reclaim my "slimmer" me and find new ways to exercise and stay fit. :smile: I am grateful to have a challenge to help kick-start this effort.
  • cdziallo
    Options
    Hello, I'm Catherine and I'm getting serious about getting healthy for the sake of my 1 yo daughter.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone!!! Forthose of you that can not find your names on the spreadsheet, please feel free to add your names to the list. If you have any problems accessing the spreadsheet u can send me your info. Good Luck!

Pam :)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi I am April. I live in the UK. Work from home sitting down all day!

Weight has been creeping the wrong way (my clothes tell me, I haven't weighed myself in ages and am dreading doing it today). I'm hoping that being accountable will help. I like the idea of 4 weeks because I will stick to something that length. And I'm looking forward to some challenges.

I tend to be very good for the first half of the week and really blow it at the weekend.

Thanks for taking time to set this up Pam.

Look forward to checking in regularly and completing the 4 weeks in better shape than I started.

Off to weigh myself and write a meal plan for the week.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    It is Weigh in Day!!! I am sooo excited!!! Here goes:

SW: 148.6
    GW: 144

Let's get Back on Track guys!!! :)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wasn't quite as bad as I feared, but my ticker moved backwards :(

SW: 161
    GW: 155 (That would be pretty hard, but will go for it)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,209 Member
    Options
    SW: 185.2 :-(
    GW: 180

A little bit more than 1 lb per week should be possible...
    Let's do it!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    CW 271

Goal weight 260

Looking forward to the challenge

Thanks
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    SW: 145.6
    GW: 140

Big goal but I will try my hardest!
  • kathleenann1962
    kathleenann1962 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kathy, 51 years old and single, and I live in a small town in Indiana. I am a mother of two grown girls and a grandmother of 3 boys and 1 girl. I am a children's librarian. So you can see my life is filled with children! I joined MFP in 2012 and really didn't stick with it. I have come to realize, and finally admit, that I am lazy about weight loss. I have been blessed with good health despite being overweight - in the obese category. But I realize that as I age, if I don't take care of myself, all the good health I've enjoyed could change. I started again just this week and so far so good. I am glad for this challenge and hope it will keep me focused on continuing to make positive changes.
  • kathleenann1962
    kathleenann1962 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot!

SW 158.8
    GW 154

Baby steps! :smile:
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    SW-184
    GW-176:happy:
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    SW: 197.8
    GW: 191.8

I pray I can achieve this goal.
  • gingerFLA
    gingerFLA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm Ginger, a 39 yr old mother of three from the gulfcoast of Florida. My sibling, parents and grandparents are all obese, and I've fought weight fluctuations all of my adult life. I've been most successful when I've kept food diaries and engaged in regular exercise....there is no magic secret to a healthy lifestyle, is there?

I'm excited about getting Back on Track just ahead of my 40th birthday. My journey so far this year has resulted in a loss of 19 lbs, but I've struggled with motivation since my vacation in July. I tend to get off-track when I choose convenience foods, or give in to cravings.

For exercise, I've experienced my best results with running. I started the year with a run/walk method of exercise and am proud to have progessed to running 3 5k's without stopping to walk since March. I'm now working on increasing my speed, and hopefully my distance. I would like to run a 10k by the end of the year, and a 15k by my birthday next summer.

I appreciate an online community that offers encouragement and accountability. Let's connect and help get each other Back on Track!

SW= 218
    CW= 199
    GW= 150
    BOTC Goal= 191
  • Happywitme
    Options
    Hello all
    My name is Debbie. I am a mother of 3 children 16, 18 & 23.
    I struggle with doing exercise and I love sweets. I have alot if weight too lose prayerfully I can stay focus.
    SW 214
    GW 200
    I know that's alot but let's see what we can do
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

SW: 190
    GW: 184

My weight loss has been moving a lot slower this summer, so six pounds is a little ambitious. I wanted a goal that would make me push myself a little harder to get through this hump. Also, I have a trip in the middle of the challenge so this will encourage me to pack my running shoes and not snack on junk food the whole time I'm gone!
  • Suz67
    Suz67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Suzette and I live in MA with my husband and 2 kids (17 & 19). My daughter(and inspiration) is off to college next week so this is perfect timing for the challenge. ( thanks Pam!)

I love sweets and carbs and have a hard time getting myself to exercise. I was on WW for about a year and lost 19 lbs but gained it all back when I quit. I've had weight issues most of my life and am tired of the roller coaster. I want to enjoy clothes shopping for once!

SW: 197
    GW: 145

Good Luck to all !!!:smile:
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the ladies on here about to turn 40!! Me too! I'll be 40 on Oct 13th...big motivator.

I have been struggling with my weight for what seems like an eternity...as soon as I hit 25, I realized that my body was no longer the metabolic machine it had once been...that those cookies and pizza were actually mattering.

I've lost significant amounts of weight before, after two babies it is much harder. I got married in the spring and it was a huge motivation for me to lose weight...and I did, but then I got my wedding pictures back and instead of a motivator, it spiraled me into a big depression of over how fat I still was and how much more I still had to lose and that I would have to be doing this the rest of my life. I gained everything back. I hate my wedding photos, they are so terrible.

Through all this, i still managed to make it to my weekly trainer sessions at the Y and still work out now and then. I think that is my saving grace, and still staying on MFP.

I don't want to use turning 40 as another inspiration that I work so hard to get to, then once there abandon ship...I know this needs to be a forever change.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to Pam & Mimi for being such rock-solid inspirations!
  • meatymeat33
    meatymeat33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Jennifer. I am a mom of two. My son is 9 and daughter is 2. I gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy and have struggled ever since.
    I have lost 47 pounds working very hard the last 7 months. I started working out with my bff Mazarith for her wedding....and it was great motivation. I find myself at a stand still right now.....still working out, but not losing anything. so this challenge is perfect to get me back on track.

SW--205
    CW--158
    GW--140

back on track GW--150