Introduction and seeking advice

Options
New to this account and group but I've been on MFP on and off for close to 9 years. I've got the typical story, I've always been overweight and always yoyo'd. I'm turning 30 at the end of the month and desperately feel like it's time to get my weight under control. I feel like I know so much about healthy eating but here I am, with no idea where to start. I want to throw away everything I've tried in the past and start on a blank page. Any advice on good first steps would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would like an accountability buddy please feel free to add me.

Replies

• emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Welcome, we are glad you're here! You've already taken a great first step just by being here and posting, so great job :)

Each person's journey with health, fitness, ways of eating (whatever it might be) is really individual, but generally tracking and coming back here consistently are helpful over the long term. You mentioned that you feel as though you know a lot about healthy eating. Are there particular ways of eating or approaches to health/fitness that you've found work better for you than others? If so, that might be a good place to start as you turn the page and begin this new chapter. Always happy to thought partner if you need someone to bounce ideas off of when coming up with your plan.

All the best and please keep coming back <3 Tara

weight.png
  • Zelda841
    Zelda841 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know it's sometimes hard to know where to start. I've been trying to lose weight my whole life, so it's not like I don't know what needs to be done in terms of nutrition and exercise...it's the application, you know? Maybe you can relate. I think sometimes having researched so many things we might feel really inundated with information. It helps me when I pick just a couple of things to focus on at a time, so I don't become overwhelmed by everything I've read and heard over the years. In terms of exercise, I find it's nice to adopt a hobby that just-so-happens to be active, until I'm more ready to tackle bigger challenges. I've found that dance (like Nia and Bellydance) were really fun outlets that helped keep me moving. :smiley:

I'd love to add you as a friend. I, too, am trying to focus on grouping with like-minded folks. I tend to keep to myself, but have found that putting myself out there keeps me accountable. :smile: