Why do my scales not like me!

Options
LivingtheLeanDream
LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
Ok so I know today I'm a bit like a broken record these days for anyone that is a friend but each day I step on the scales expecting to see a loss at some point, yet these days all I see are gains! I'm not joking either!

Since I came back from hols over a month ago where I gained 6 lbs (I know! I'm still in shock about that!), initially I lost 2 lbs but they've gone back on and there is no reason for it!

I always eat under my allowance, I rarely eat back exercise cals - I am pretty active, workout for an hour 6 days a week plus walk as well, half my workouts are is strength training...so why the heck AM I SODDING WELL GAINING!

This is the part when reading my post that you have to cover your ears to block out my screams lol

Anyone shed some light for me please?

Yesterday I upped my cals to 1500 to see if that would help!

I am really annoyed about this, I was so near to goal and now I'm 9 lbs away!

Replies

• cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but I don't think you have been eating enough. If you are not eating back some of the calories that you work off exercising your body stores the calories you do eat because it thinks you are starving. Increasing your calorie intake should help.

But don't give up!! Keep trying!! I know I am currenly in a plateau for the last couple of weeks, so I stopped weighting myself and I have been concentrating on NSV moments.

Good luck!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Thank you for your reply :-D
    I have upped my cals but am dubious about that working but I'll give it a go :)

Thanks Again,

Ruth
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth - It sounds as if you are on the right track! I am not expert either, but you could try doing some different exercises. If you usually do the treadmill you could switch over to the bike or elliptical and see how it goes? I have really good success when I mix in 20 jumping jacks in between each different weight machine. It really keeps the heart-rate up during my gym time.

Keep at it and I am sure you will drop those 6lbs in no time!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Thank you Romey, I'm sure you're right...week 5 and no change but at least I've started the 30 day shred and that it waking up different muscle groups so hopefully that will do something positive :)