callaferguson Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Logged food/drinks: yes
    =< Calories: no
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min strength training, 30 min housework, 240 min hiking along Angles Way uk, 20 min gardening
    Tracking yes calories yes
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Stayed under by 50 (eating back exercise calories).

Made enchiladas which were delicious.

I've started using my Fitbit watch to directly start an exercise when doing calisthenics workouts which I think leads to a more accurate calorie count than logging it afterwards in the app. I'm sure whether to use weights or workout for calisthenics but went with workout since it's more general.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @Hulya_79, love your creativity when it comes to exercise!!

@cjane917, I like that feature, too. I have started using it even for the supposed auto-recognize exercises since my Fitbit wasn't always catching them.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Took a pass day. I didn’t log anything, did exercise, and came way under goal. I just took a much needed down day. 🤷‍♀️
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    @BMcC9
    [quote="BMcC9

A few more types of stores are starting to open up in a limited "controled-traffic" way or else re-opening but for curbside pickup or pick-up-and-leave. To be allowed to open, the retail location must have its own to-the-curb access. Strip malls but not enclosed malls. Places like car dealerships by appointment only - that kind of thing.

Non-medical masks are currently recommended for all situations where social distancing may be problematic (eg not necessarily for walk if in a wide-open setting (lots of room to pass and not many people anyway - but do if in more congested city streets / lineups / in stores)

I live and work in a historic town. On the way home tonight, I passed a ghost tour that must have had 50 people in the group, nobody wearing masks, all standing next to each other, no social distancing. I also saw people on benches outside the bars, no masks, right next to each other. A lot of people just don't care and laugh it off. If one is sick that person will pass it on to many, many more. [/quote]

The mask recommendation only came out three or four days ago, and is precisely BECAUSE things are beginning to open up more.

The potential for what you are mentioning scares DH (on my account) which is why he is THRILLED to hear that my post will continue to be work-from-home potentially "almost indefinitely". Work in my sector (federal public service) is finally waking up to the fact that "work is what you do, not where you go" and that far more categories of business lines can be successfully done by distributed teams working offsite than originally willing to admit.

The opening process is bound to vary from country to country, and even jurisdiction to jurisdiction within parts of the same country. I feel very fortunate to be living in Canada, where the national approach is science-led and the reopening will be slowly staged, with the understanding that there with be at least 2 to 3 weeks between "next stage" and if the numbers don't remain below a predetermined threshold acceptable level, then either the next stage doesn't start yet or we revert a bit.

• Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@cjane917, I like that feature, too. I have started using it even for the supposed auto-recognize exercises since my Fitbit wasn't always catching them.

Thank you @HASWLRS .
    Congrats for 11 pounds lost!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

@HASWLRS I agree on auto-recognize. Even though it will add my walk later, I like the greater detail it gives me when I track via the watch. And for biking if I rely on auto-track it will give me a bunch of steps and think I'm walking part of the time which just feels inaccurate so I like to actively track.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, a 28 minute walk.
    Logged? Yes.
    Under? No.

I had been under calories all week, and was hungrier than normal. (It was weigh-in day and I lost 3 pounds, so yeah). I also woke up at 2:30 in the morning, back to bed around 6:30, up again at 10. Those types of days I usually throw in the towel, but I was fine. Went for my walk as usual. But I was still hungry. Ate well, but not necessarily high volume, low calorie foods. At 7:30 pm, with only 110 calories left, I didn't want to risk waking up again in the night because I was hungry, so I ate some more. Thoughtfully, and I logged it, so not a "free for all" but I ended up 564 over, which I guess would still be roughly in maintenance, and I am still well under for the week.

Three Pass Days used. If I don't make the Winner's Circle I will be fine.....I am down 11 pounds since April 4th, so there is my real win!

Forming the habit, losing the weight. Congratulations!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Congratulations!! You are doing lots of things right!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly You're an inspiration!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 360 minutes disinfecting my workplace due to the virus, with walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Thank you @Hollis100 !
    I hope to be. If I help even one person realize this is Do-able, I’ll be happy!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 23
    Yes x 3
    💚
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ie5swcdf5r3f.png

Yesterday, @MadisonMolly2017 posted about the the power on healthy habits in her life....

"Today is my 900 day streak logging in MFP Dec 4 2017 191.8 lb (I had lost 37lbs in other ways since 1/1/16)
    Today: 157.4

This is possible with all the tools at our disposal & UAC❣️❣️❣️"

@RangerRickL
    Thank you for this post (it means a lot to me) & ty for being so committed to this group!! ❤️
    #GratefulForYou
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Maddie, @MadisonMolly2017
    I'm grateful for you too!