Easy day stroll with Rose
    Calories: good
    Tracking: good
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Pass day #5
    Wrong food choices and no walking today
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min strength training, 20 min yoga, 30 min cleaning, 30 min gardening
    Tracking yes calories no
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    pass day - family time, a little too much protein today
    lots of yard work ...good exercise...no cardio though
    2 days of drinking a gallon of water...proud of that and over 200 squats each day
    I did track
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Exercise: Yes, 2 hours cleaning
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    yes x 3 2 pass days used
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sunday, May 17

Pass Day #3

I seem to have lost all motivation. Is it because I don’t feel that great? So two questions. Do I not feel that great because I’m not eating well and moving? Or am I not eating well and moving because I do not feel that great? I suppose I will focus on meals and moving today and see what happens.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Sunday, May 17

Pass Day #3

I seem to have lost all motivation. Is it because I don’t feel that great? So two questions. Do I not feel that great because I’m not eating well and moving? Or am I not eating well and moving because I do not feel that great? I suppose I will focus on meals and moving today and see what happens.

I do know how you feel, see some of my recent posts. It seems to be a vicious circle, so how do we break out of it? I suppose if you know why you don't feel great, you might be able to do something about the cause. If it's a vague malaise, you can actually start at any point. I hate exercising, but when I feel bad, a 20 minute walk is feasible and makes me feel pleased with myself. I might add a few minutes and shop for some nice, healthy, easy to prepare food. Avocado and shrimps is great in my case, closest to a healthy comfort food I get. When I feel down, hopeless and feel that everything is pointless, I certainly don't feel like making or eating salads... Slice of nice bread, smear of butter, slice of favourite cheese works too, add some lettuce, a tomato or cucumber to feel extra virtuous. Melon and prosciutto... Be my friend and you'll see from my Diary what I have to do to cheer myself up!
    Once I have done my 20 minute walk or whatever, eaten my healthy comfort food, next hurdle is to log it, but once that's done, I can do a bit of relaxing and make myself comfortable with a book, a film, music, phone a friend, have a whinge.
    My UAC friends, like you, helped a lot. Positive comments, suggestions, I just didn't want to let you guys down. If I couldn't find any motivation in myself, you all motivated me, by your comments, commitment and confidence in me.
  • menolly
    menolly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Yes x3
    1h workout Pilates
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Back to work today for a 5 day shift. Luckily we have got into a routine so even though 5 days is long, we'll handle it pretty well. Started the day off with a run as usual, didn't push too hard as its only a couple of days post blood donation and I needed the energy for work. Normal active day at work and stupid WhatsApp argument about our new roster when I got home. Then I made my housemate watch Hook with me because she has never seen it (shock and horror!!!!) Despite the argument, it was a good day. I made good food choices and was in my budget.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri - thank you. You motivated me to get off the couch and do a nice easy cycle. It actually felt good.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • callaferguson
    callaferguson Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Logged food/drinks: yes
    =< Calories: yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    May 17

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Kitchen Closed: Yes

Pass days: 1
  • 1scubapin
    1scubapin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    2020-05-18
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 1300+145- 1400 > 0
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri thanks for your encouragement to readyornot !!
    You are appreciated by me!!
    Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Sunday, May 17

Pass Day #3

@readyornot1234
    Just saw this. What works for ne is remembering why I wanted to lose wt
    In the first place!! I call it my Big Why!

Just keep asking “Why?” Until you get to.the Big Wy?!!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Yes x 3
    💚