What Kind of Foods?

Options
Hello, all,

It seems that everyone has been here in the group for a while, and I just joined in. :smile: I was wondering if anyone has recommended foods to eat and foods to not eat if you have PCOS. I'm afraid it might be getting the better of me this week, because I'm trying to get back into the groove, but keep losing to sugar. I'm desperately trying to stay below my calories today, because I might have a breakdown if I gain another pound in such a short amount of time. I worked hard for 4 months to lose 20 pounds, and am gaining it back at a rapid speed.

Replies

• goatette
    goatette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with symptoms of PCOS since puberty it seems, but didnt know about it was an issue until 5 years ago. 😐
    I stumbled across Alissa Vitti's column at Mind Body Green, and noticed she had a website:floliving.com ,
    a book, and a diet / food suggestions based on what week of your cycle you're in to help relieve symptoms.
    While not completely cured, I find that I fare better off following her food suggestions.
    TBH the past few months due to stress I've been off the diet, and unfortunately my body got fed up with my cheating carb/sugar snacks and I wound up in urgent care with gastritis.
    So, now I'm trying to fully restart her diet again, this time under doctors orders.

Sugar is a tough one for me to kick too, but I tell myself if I was able to stop drinking 3qty 2 Liter sodas a week cold turkey, I can cut back on sugar (and carbs, and caffeine) too.
    Keep at it, and don't focus on how far you have to go. Look at how far you've come.