Stress eating vs true hunger

Options
hi, i am a mother breastfeeding a 7 month old boy. i dont intend to stop. But i am having so much trouble losing weight. I have so much hunger, but also a lot of stress. its hard to identify what is the real hunger from breastfeeding and what is stress. this is my first child so i just dont even know. anyone else have issues like this? what did you do to solve them and keep losing weight?

Replies

• wannabefitmom2020
    wannabefitmom2020 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can’t help because I’m in the SAME BOAT. I just wanted to let you know you’re not alone.
  • ec707
    ec707 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    🙋🏻 same here and since I get no sleep even after 15 months...it's a little hard. Kiddo seems to be teething forever. I have started running again or walking lol. I plan on really giving myself a real shot when I hopefully wean at 2. My goal time to stop. I feel like I would be setting myself to fail by trying now. Only because 1. I have always struggled with my weight. 2. I have to take drastic measures to lose it such as 1300 call/day working out at least 4x WK and I mean hard workouts 3. I'm not getting the rest I need so I don't know that even know if I was really focused on my diet I would see results based on my past history.

But I don't want to discourage you. I struggle with self image more so after birth....
    I think just keep things in mind....I tend to set I bar for my body..( i think a lot of us do).140 weight goal may not sound like big one but for my body....I think it it is.
    With that being said, I am trying to focus on little accomplishment while I bf such as working out at least 30 minutes day. I'm trying to build consistency. My next goal is to have at least 1 healthy meal day and go from there. I actually want to start meal prepping. Not sure where to start from so I'm working on that...

I have learned that losing weight while bf is the exception not the rule( I think that pressure comes with that belief).... You sound like a dedicated person to your health and I'm sure you'll get there! It will get easier as baby gets older! Maybe you just need some more time.
  • BCIndychick
    BCIndychick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe try drinking water when you feel hungry either way. Keep snack foods out of sight. My 2nd kid is now 11 weeks old. My oldest is 4.5. They keep my stress and anxiety high most days of the week. I’m personally trying to take a vegetable supplement in the morning and trying to reach for fruit instead of candy corn. It’s hard. Good luck!