Headlamps

kijoneko
kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
Can anyone recommend a good headlamp? I need something for running that actually lights up the road so I can see where I'm going, and if I can also wear it with a cycle helmet (for non running days) that'd be even better.

The one I currently have is neither comfortable nor particularly effective.

Replies

• smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    I use the Black Diamond Storm and I like it a fair bit.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I have an LED, rechargeable Petzl.......lights up the path / road very well (has a high, low and flash setting). I haven't tried it on my bike helmet (I have a a CygoLite MityCross for night time riding - the bike path I ride on is not lit at all...)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    I use knuckle lights for running in the dark. The thing I like best about them is I can light things up without having to turn my head. They light up an area about 6 feet in front of me. Negative would be my hands get sweaty if I wear them without gloves.

http://www.knucklelights.com/
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    I use a Petzl 2 LED head lamp for running. It has 2 modes and I only use the lower brightness. The High setting seems obnoxious, I hate to blind people running at me in the wee hours of the morning. I have had this light for 9 months and it still has the same AAA batteries in it.

For my bike I use a Lumina 450. This will mount on helmet or bars and will put out 450 lumens on HIGH and will run I think for 2 hours at that mode or 15 hours and the LOW setting. It charges via USB and has the battery included in the body of the light. I love this light! I used this light for MTBing and on bike paths in town.

The problem I have with using a running lamp on my bike is that it just not put out enough light since I am generally travelling quite a bit faster on my bike.