Humpday Cuppa Joe 5.6.20

Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Yogi Berra

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Happy Wednesday, all! I hope your week has been good. I'm in a super-crappy mood and trying to figure out what career path I could take next. I'm praying a LOT.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,302 Member
    Morning~

Lisa - so sorry you are in this conundrum. Sending you virtual hug to let you know we are all thinking of you! You are a rock star.....with many many talents! You'd be a wonderful fit wherever you land! Hang in there.

Long day yesterday....Just need to get through two more and I think I am taking a morale day.

Hoping to see crews working on pool soon. It seems like the crews only show up one day a week. Ugh.

I invited a guy to leave my property yesterday - a contractor to deliver an Amish built shed. He got out of his car in a foul mood and was less than cordial to DW. I told him to turn his attitude around and get off my property. Not dealing with attitudes.

CBL.

Skip
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,870 Member
    Good Morning,
    Off to paint some more,
    CBL
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,227 Member
    Good morning BBB crew.

Stay grounded in who you are, Lisa, and you will come through fine, in the end. And brighten up; bad moods are a choice. Focus on all your positives.

I never suffer idiots to treat my DW disrespectfully, either, Skip.

Rita couldn't stand seeing my long and shabby hair, so she opened her barber shop, yesterday and cut my hair. That's the first time she has used the clippers in 10 years, but she did a good job. Feels good to get rid of the mop.

x5t764a6o6pn.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,862 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Military wives know how to cut hair. Our clippers are 40+ years old. They go back to, well you know when.
    • Lisa, smile :) God and the rest of us love you. Hopefully the irritant will pass. If not, you can do anything!
    • Small Cinco de Mayo party on our neighbor's back patio last night. I drank Coke Zero. Apparently I wasn't the life of the party.
    • Speaking of Cinco de Mayo. What's the chances of your pool crew showing up today Skip?
    • I had a problem with my new car's registration. I sent an email directly to the County Tax Commissioner and got a quick reply with an easy resolution. I love small town (county) living.
    • Have a safe day BBB.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Morning BBB

Hugs Lisa. The answer will come to you.

I gave dad a haircut the other night too. Ron does his own except for the neck trim. He thinks I take too long.

Crotchety cat has been MIA for a couple of days. Thought we might walk to Grandma's house today to see if she is hiding out there. She and the younger cat have been having power struggles lately and she might have decided to live over there. Apparently she did that when he first came (grandma was there to feed her though).
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,870 Member
    Lisa, prayers for you; just know you are loved, you know what you are doing, and can do anything you set your mind too. Also a bit of advice I learned from an older person, when one is very good at what they do and generally always correct those above and around them feel threatened and will many times hurt themselves trying to establish territory.
    Winds very heavy this afternoon,
    Skip, hope you put time limits in contract many times contractors take on too much at one time and will spread their crews to thin.
    Now does military men know how to care for spouses hair?
    I'm gonna just let mine grow like Skip did a year or so ago, man buns are coming back?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,862 Member
    "man buns are coming back?"

Says who?
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,226 Member
    Hi.
    Never had to have dh stand up for me. I got it. Ha. I cdd sad n go from 0 to 100 real quick. Ha.