Introduce yourself, your goals and your motivation!

Options

Replies

• toadfan1
    toadfan1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs by Christmas. Great idea for a group, great motivation!
  • ginnylee1950
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    New to the group and would definately love to lose appx. 25 lbs by Christmas. That is the goal I am working for right now. My fitness pal is a great help.
  • annabarkley
    annabarkley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25 lbs by Christmas :) Hopefully this will help keep me motivated during the holiday season and hopefully for once I'll be losing instead of gaining for the holidays :) Good luck everyone!!!! :)
  • Mayra_121
    Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Yomaira, I'm 5'3'' and 25 yrs old. Right now I've been fluctuating between 152-155 for the last month. I started this year at 175 and currently am in the lowest weight I've been in about 8 years. My ultimate goal is to reach 125 by mid January which is my 26th b-day and my sister's wedding. But since I'll be going to visit my family during x-mas, I'd like to reach my goal before that. I am dying to break out of the 150's because I can't even remember the last time I ever weighed 140 something. Even if I'm not able to reach 125 by x-mas I would be ok with 130-135 and then keep going from there.

**Wishing all of you beautiful people the best of luck =) Together we can do this!!
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Just started MFP and this is the perfect motivation. I live away from my family and I would like to lost 30lbs by Christmas and shock the family. Good Luck everyone.
  • chingilingy
    Options
    Hi, I just joined MFP and will like to lose 28 pounds in order to get healthier. I look forward to us achieving our goals together by x'mas. All the best.
  • MeeshL1011
    Options
    HI, I am a newbie and my goal is to lose 15 pounds by December. My motivation is seeing some results when looking at pictures of myself with my family.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm back again after a few months off (initially due to to some stuff going on in my personal life, but then it just spiraled and I've gained loads!), and I'd really like to go for 36lb by Christmas... I'm not totally sure it's doable, but I'd like to aim for it! If I have a good loss this week I think it will be manageable, so fingers crossed!

I'm terrible at motivating myself, so I'm trying really hard this time with planning my meals and talking myself into working out! My motivation is when I go back home for Christmas I'd like my family to be shocked! It'll take me into the next catagory of BMI, which would be great.
  • kernowzozo
    Options
    Hi,

Although I'm not new to MFP this is the first time i will be using it for more than calorie counting. My goal is to loose 35lbs by Christmas by reducing my food intake, making sure what i do eat is healthy and nutritious, and introducing exercise to my life! As i have recently finished university and moved home i feel more able to focus on this change of lifestyle!

Any tips welcome! Looking to make friends on here for encouragement too.

Good luck everyone!

Zoe
  • DawnW3218
    DawnW3218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Helllooo there. I would love to lose 28lbs by Christmas as Id be at my 'deal' weight of 144lbs - the weight I was always happiest at and a perfect size 12 (Im 5'7"), however I dont lose weight that fast so if I lost 14lbs I'd be very happy.
  • alwaysapirate
    alwaysapirate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My realistic goal is to lose about 25-30 pounds by Christmas; I'd love to see 40 go but I know I need to set a more reasonable goal! I'd love to go home and look great for New Years Eve parties! My ten year reunion is next year and come hell or high water I'm going to lose the weight for it. Nothing motivates you quite like having to see 600 people you haven't seen in ten years!

I'm always looking for more friends here so please feel free to add; I'm big on daily motivation!
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 480 days!! and lost 41 pounds, haven't been able to lose anymore, on the bright side haven't gained any!! My new goal is to lose 20 pounds by christmas, well lose anything would be great
    to keep it off is my all time goal....
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Ive lost 14.1 pounds so far and would like to lose another 10-15lbs, in total. but in reality if i lost BF% and toned it up a bunch i wouldn't focus on the number, its just a place to start.

I bought INSANITY last week, and crossing my fingers it gets here today. and im positive that if im able to stick to it (im very determined to not give up, i dont care if it kills me lol im just not a quitter) that i will be happy with my body by the end of october. i would love to show off my new body at the family Christmas eve dinner.

basically my mini goals are:

to be happy with my body/get the body ive always wanted before i have kids (long time away but no sense in not achieving this goal sooner rather then later)

to beat my brother at fitness and health (we're friendly competitive, if i do good he wants to do better, if he does good i have to do better, it could be worse, we could be competitive over crack ha)

to not be embarrassed at the river

to start to see what other people see when they look at me

gain healthier life style habits, this isnt just about the weight, its about learning how to eat right all the time, its not a diet, diets dont work changes do, im making a permanent change
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    hello everyone! i'm hoping to lose 15 pounds by christmas. might not seem like a lot but i'm seriously struggling with losing weight so small goals are what i'm sticking to. that would put me at 160 lbs with only 15-20 left to lose! anyone from the group is welcome to friend me :)
  • jjcamp
    jjcamp Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I would love to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I just want to feel better not like a lump. I get winded chasing around my 2 year old and I would like to just be able to play with her without feeling like I will fall over!
  • emurfield
    emurfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I love MFP, have been a diligent user for over six months now!

I had my second baby just over two months ago and have already lost the baby weight. Buuuuuut, there is still more to go.

Goal: Lose approx. 10 lbs. by Christmas.

Motivation: START the new year at my goal weight as opposed to making it a resolution YET AGAIN :-P

Challenges: Sweet tooth, fast food junkie, binge eater, not a regular exerciser

LET'S DO THIS!
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm setting a goal of losing 20 pounds by Christmas - double what I've lost on MFP since joining in May. I've been stuck the last few weigh-ins and don't want to lose focus! I am determined to get to my goal weight by my birthday next March :tongue:
  • natashabir
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to lose 40 lbs in general, hopefully the first 25 by Christmas. I just got married and between wedding planning, a VERY busy work schedule and the (wonderful, incredible, all-you-can eat cruise) honeymoon I gained a fair amount. My husband (!) and I are working together starting today!
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and trying to find my way around the site, I found this group and it sounds perfect :)

I am currently following the slimming world food plan but looking to incorprate some exercise to help aid weight loss, and would like to lose a further 28lb for xmas and be able to wear a stunning size 10 dress. (Never in my life have I been a size 10 so here's hoping)

After losing 14.5 lb in last 10 weeks I currently weigh in at 11st 5lb and a size 14.
  • lauriejan17
    Options
    Sorry - I'm new to message boards...I also put this in a post called Hey There...just realized that this is where everyone is posting...so here it is :)

I'm new to My Fitness Pal - my aunt encouraged me to join it :) I started very actively working out last week Monday and I was juicing (only) with my Uncle. Last night I stopped juicing - 8 1/2 days was enough! So my Aunt and I went to Fresh Market and got a lot of healthy foods. I am still going to juice some, but only for one or 2 meals a day - trying to do 6 small meals a day. I also have a trainer and she has me going to the gym 6 days a week...which has been pretty cool. I lost 13 lbs since last Monday, but I know that will slow down since I'm adding real food back in my diet. According to this site, I should loose 10 lbs by Sept 25...so based on that, I'm going to say that I want to lose 40 lbs by Christmas :) Glad to have a community that can help me along!