Vivofit 4 calories after midnight syncing going wonky

Options
glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
Pssssst is this thing on? :)

Sooooooo I've done a google search and emailed garmin support (haven't heard back yet) but thought I'd try here.

My vivofit 4 resets fine after midnight but when I sync to see the calories from the day before, my activity watch info then re-resets back to the prior day. Let's say my tdee for Tuesday was 2100. I look at the tracker at 12:03 am and it says 3 calories. I sync with garmin connect because I missed seeing the 2100 at 11:59 pm. It syncs but then the calories on the watch jump to 2103 (or whatever that is not 3). Garmin connect still has the correct info.

Any ideas what could be happening? I like the tracker but if I can't find a solution, it's going back.

Hopefully.

Return time was extended because of Covid 19 but that time may be up by now.

Please and thank you. :)

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    And by the time you wake up in the morning, it still has the prior day's total in the mix?

No, it must be a device thing, I usually do final sync just after midnight, and while I've not looked that hard at the VF3 to see it's current calorie burn for the day, I'm guessing it's not above a few calories or it would likely stand out to me too.
    I just looked, no sync since last night 12:05 am, but device is showing proper calories for just today.

I'd try a hard reset first.
    Factory Reset
    Press the device's button. Hold it until "SLEEP" appears.
    Quickly press the button five times, and keep holding after the fifth press.
    Keep holding the button until the firmware version appears and the screen goes blank.
    Press and hold the button again until it restarts.
    Your device has now been reset.
  • glassyo
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    And by the time you wake up in the morning, it still has the prior day's total in the mix?

No, it must be a device thing, I usually do final sync just after midnight, and while I've not looked that hard at the VF3 to see it's current calorie burn for the day, I'm guessing it's not above a few calories or it would likely stand out to me too.
    I just looked, no sync since last night 12:05 am, but device is showing proper calories for just today.

I'd try a hard reset first.
    Factory Reset
    Press the device's button. Hold it until "SLEEP" appears.
    Quickly press the button five times, and keep holding after the fifth press.
    Keep holding the button until the firmware version appears and the screen goes blank.
    Press and hold the button again until it restarts.
    Your device has now been reset.

It's almost 3 pm where I am now and I'm at 3315 calories. Which....cheesecake! :)

I feel like I've done the reset thing a couple times already (I have...just can't remember if it was for this problem).

I'll try it again and see if it does the same thing tonight.

Ok, right now I have 0 steps and 7500 something with a circle and it's kinda blinking. Not sure what that is.

• glassyo
    edited May 2020
    Options
  • glassyo
    Options
    So it played nice for a whole 24 hours but just did it again.