Foot Fetishes! Hmmm 8/21

garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.livestrong.com/foot-care-treatments/

Ok, this is not popular or sexy but let me tell you and some other MFPers can too...take care of your feet!!!!!!!!! You see now that we are eating better and exercising daily, we use our feet much more then we used to! The pounding and beating. So, buying correct shoes is paramount but also...the care of your feet. How to properly cut toenails, deal with athlete's foot, if a sprain what to do...so here is a guide. When you go to site look to the right and click on your issue or any issue so you know what to do when it arises and trust me something will just wait....it hits us all.

Challenge yourself and learn now.

WW
PS-I have had ingrown, flat feet, feet pronate and a split toenail straight across! Ashamed but Athlete's foot too!

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    I get a pedicure once a month to prevent ingrown toenails, I have been known to have my nails break down rather than across, and of course I invariably manage to get blisters. So I try to pamper my feet when I can
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    For people who are just starting running, you don't need to worry about shoes that fit your specific gait. You're not running enough for it to matter. Get shoes that feel comfortable while running. These will be the least likely to hurt your feet and give you blisters. Only after you're doing a good solid C25K or more should you go to a running store and get yourself fitted for your gait. They'll stick you on a running machine and analyze how you run, and point you to shoes that work for you. This will cost a bit more, but it's really an investment in your feet. Once you know what kind of shoes are good for you then you can simply buy a new, cheap pair off Amazon or elsewhere when your old ones go flat.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    My first challenge. Cool! It was an easy one! :flowerforyou:
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Very interesting. Thank you!

14877786.png